AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello, it's me, the author!

You can call me Jersi or Cinders, it's usually what I go by around the internet. This isn't my first time posting to Wattpad, as sadly that past project I lost interest in. As I'm writing this current one, I'm already 25k words in.

The story was started on March 30th, so that's 25k in four days! That's half of NaNoWriMo in a fraction of the given time.

All this to say please forgive me if there are any grammatical or continuity errors. I'm usually a plantser, but with this one I'm flying by the seat of my pants and making it up as I go!

I'm editing and releasing the first five chapters right away, and each chapter will be released as another one gets written, so I have a steady backlog until I'm finished. I aim to make at least 1500 words per chapter, and so far each chapter is anywhere between 1600-3900 words, so it's a decent size read and I'm not even halfway through the story yet!

Before this gets long and rambly, I'd like to thank you all for taking the time out of your day to read my story. That's the reason I'm posting here: to bring joy and fun and real emotions to people out there by writing tales that evoke those things.

I would greatly appreciate any comments, feedback, criticisms, silly thoughts, and dad jokes. And please don't forget to vote if you enjoy what I'm writing! It helps me be seen and helps others find the joy as well.

A few notes before I go:

**This is obviously a work of fiction. Names, characters, events and incidents are the products of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, real or fake, or actual events is purely coincidental.

**There are detailed moments of physical violence by family members, so if that's a trigger, please feel free to stop reading or skip over it.

**Please do not copy or redistribute my work anywhere. I have no money for lawyers, but I will be upset with you and you'll earn the title of BAD NOODLE. However, feel free to make a fanfic (*snort* I don't imagine anyone will) or fanart of your interpretation of the characters! (You can find me on tumblr and X under this same username if you do make fanart and would like me to see it)

If I think of anything else, I'll add more. For now, please proceed and enjoy the tale of Rhea. :)

-JS