Sailboat

The next morning Loki and Kate arose early to pack up their things and the gifts that they had bought for their friends and family back home. On their way down to have breakfast, he asked her, "Darling, are you excited to be going out in the sailboat later today"? She quickly answered "Yes baby, I am very excited". Her whole life she had wanted to go sailing, however, she never had the time or opportunity. "My love, are you excited", she asked, wondering if there were sailboats in Asgard. "Darling, I've done this before, however, it was more of a ship I was riding in to escape the Frost Giants", he said very matter of fact. "You were running from your own race" she asked unsure as to why he would run from people that are his own kind. "Darling, my kind aren't known for their kindness, they are enormous monsters with blue skin and cherry red eyes and they are mortal enemies of Odin and Asgard", he said, which meant they were his enemies as well. However, he was not sure what Kate would think of him now or if she felt that this is why Odin detested him.

Seeing the look of fear on her beautiful face he felt he needed to simply reassure her that she had not married a monster. Stopping the elevator, he turned to fully face her. He reached out and touched her cheek sending a little magic into his palm to calm her. "Darling, you didn't marry a monster", he started. "Yes, I do have the ability to look like them, however, I have placed a veiling spell on myself to hide this", he finished. Ready for any questions that she would have. "Is there anything that you want to ask me about my Jotunn heritage"? Kate stood still searching for the slightest traces of blue skin. But she couldn't find them and she couldn't think of anything because at that moment she couldn't think at all so she simply said, "No". What could she ask him about the Frost Giants? Would her life ever be in danger? Would the lives of anyone that she cared about ever be in danger? She simply wouldn't ever say anything that hurt his feelings or gave him anything to feel uncomfortable about. "Darling, I have the ability to read your thoughts, I thought you knew that", he asked. "No, you and anyone that you care about are not in danger of me harming you or them", he told her. So sad that she would ever think this. "I promise", he said, with tears beginning to form in his eyes. "Kate, don't you know that I love you more than life itself"? She cleared her mind and thought of nothing else after his revelation for fear he would know that thought as well. "Ok, my love", she said, praying that he would believe her. He started the elevator again and the doors opened to the hotel lobby.

Kate sat silently eating her breakfast of pancakes and bacon, which made Loki feel even more uncomfortable. "Kate, please talk to me", he pleaded. "Loki, have you been able to read my thoughts the entire time that we've been together", she asked. "Yes, but until today, I have never done this", he tried to reassure her. "Why did you do this", she asked, beginning to feel anger rise up into her chest. "Darling, I am truly am sorry", he said, reaching out to touch her hand and giving it a soft squeeze. "Loki, never, ever do that again", she warned him. "Never darling, I will never do that again", he reassured her. He felt great shame and embarrassment that he had done that and told her about it.

After breakfast they left the hotel and walked down the beach to the pier where the sailboats were kept. "Good Morning", said the boat's Captain. "Are you both ready to leave", he asked. Boarding the boat they took their seat towards the front of the boat. "Have either of you ever done this before", the Captain asked. "No, we haven't, this is a first for both of us ", Loki told him. Kate looked at Loki knowing that what he had said to the Captain was a half truth, but she said nothing. They both wanted to put the events of the morning behind them and enjoy what was left of their daytime on the ocean. Kate walked to the bow of the boat and closed her eyes, feeling the ocean breeze and sunshine on her face. Loki joined her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her cheek. "Are you enjoying this", he asked her nuzzling his nose in her hair. "Very much", she said leaning back against his body.

"I would never have dreamed that I would ever be saying this, but I am really going to miss this place", she said. "As I will miss it also", he said, holding Kate a little closer to him. "Loki, we will figure this whole thing out, it will just take patience and time", she told him. She loved him and wanted to stay in a place where Loki felt free. She would find a way to make this dream come true, but how, she didn't quite know. But it had to happen and hopefully Thor would intervene for his brother for once. Odin was such a hard person and he seemed to despise Loki and she didn't understand why. But she knew she needed to find out.

For You

In your eyes, I'm alive
Inside you're beautiful
Something so unusual
In your eyes
I know I'm home (yeah)
Every tear, every fear
Gone with the thought of you
Changing what I thought of you
I'll be yours for a thousand lives

I'm free as a bird
When I'm flying in your cage
I'm diving in deep
And I'm riding with no brakes
And I'm bleeding in love
You're swimming in my veins
You got me now

Been waiting for a lifetime for you
Been breaking for a lifetime for you
Wasn't looking for love till I found you
Ooh na-na ayyy
For love, till I found you (ohh)

Skin to skin
Breathe me in
Feeling your kiss on me
Lips are made of ecstasy
I'll be yours for a thousand lives (a thousand lives)

I'm free as a bird
When I'm flying in your cage
I'm diving in deep
And I'm riding with no brakes
And I'm bleeding in love
You're swimming in my veins
You got me now

~Liam Payne & Rita Ora