Part One

'Revenge is a dish best served cold.' - Klingon Proverb.

{Minato Ward, Tokyo, Japan}

Inside a modest-looking home complete with a training hall, Kilik Shukumei eyed the two step-siblings sitting across from him at the low table.

The middle son of Ranma Mamiya knew one of them since she was a student and protegee of the archaeologist Hitomi Asamiya, and he too was a UTokyo student. The female was the same age as him, with long pink hair with bangs, fair skin, and green eyes that had a serious expression through her wireframe reading glasses. Her stepbrother was younger than she was, probably around his own sister's age. Unlike his stepsister, who was wearing a simple T-shirt and jeans, he was dressed in a black suit which reminded Kilik of a Gothic Dandy. His expression mirrored that of his stepsister's.

Turns out that even though he had clinched himself a scholarship to attend the University of Tokyo, Kilik continued his little 'side business' of getting information and finding out every person's dark little secrets - for a price. This time, however, Kilik made an exception, since his family - mostly his father and his (soon-to-be) mother-in-law - owed a favor to Kizashi Haruno, and the daughter of the Haruno patriarch has come to collect.

Sakura Haruno, the landlord of the Azura Apartments, formerly an inn, now an all-boys dorm, had gotten his name from several people as the one who specializes in eavesdropping and finding out anyone's dirty little secrets - for a price. When she told Kilik that she wanted to hire him for a little eavesdropping mission, and given the favor both Ranma Mamiya and Hotaru owed to the Haruno family, Kilik charged half-price for his services.

The reason why Sakura and her stepbrother Syaoran were in Minato was that she was out looking for construction workers to help patch the Azura Inn cheaply. And given her daily flights out of the Tokyo Prefecture via Sasuke's punches, Mitsumo's Matsushiro techniques, Kurama's inventions, and the antics of the martial artist clique known as the' Minato Wrecking Crew,' of which Kilik's younger brother and his fiance were a part of, the construction workers had plenty of work to do.

That was a simple ruse on Sakura's part.

The real reason why Sakura hired Kilik was simple. Several people, including Syaoran, her friends Tenten Yamazaki, Hinata Hyuga, and even Naomi have told her that while she was on her excavations with Hitomi overseas, her 'promised boy', one Sasuke Uchiha, was anything but faithful to her.

It was Tenten and Hinata who found out first. They caught Sasuke out with someone Sakura once considered as a friend: Ino Yamanaka. To make matters worse, they were holding hands and kissing on several of the rides. Almost immediately, they notified Sakura via email, which is why she had sent Syaoran to watch the dorm.

Soon after his arrival, Sasuke, under the excuse that he had a part-time job and would be working late, stayed out until past midnight. Syaoran, using his uncanny ability to disguise himself and his voice, followed Sasuke until he met up with Ino. What he saw made him want to jump down and thrash the offending scoundrel for stringing along his stepsister in the way he did.

He had followed the couple until they reached a well-known love hotel in Tokyo, and didn't leave until several hours later. When Syaoran notified his stepsister, Sakura was at first, depressed. Then she was mad. Several days after her return to Kikuicho, Sasuke announced that he was going to Kyoto with some friends at the university for the weekend.