golden impressions

_________________________________________

tw/cw: mentions of sex, past suicide baiting, past suicide notes, suicidal thoughts, past sexual assault, severe bullying, discrimination, past suicide attempt(s), and past self harm.

at this point in the timeline, izuku is three weeks clean, but still has suicidal thoughts at times. class 1A does not know of this, despite clear signs that include: his constant long sleeves, his need to let himself get hurt during training, the several heroes who had found him on the roof during late night patrols, and his constant eye bags that all of the students have watched him cover with concealer.

_________________________________________

izuku midoriya, more commonly known as deku, is a sweet and innocent fourteen year old boy with a bright past, and an even brighter future.

at least, that's what the entirety of UA thinks, even bakugou katsuki underestimates the severity of the bullying and his many unexcused absences in middle school.

everyday after another he walks into class with dull eyes. yet, nobody says anything, because his bubbly persona is always ready to throw them off the track. that is, until bakugou steps to close to the boy, and he flinches. he excused the flinch as him being tired, and that was the end of it, until he does it again.

and again.

and again.

the excited and always happy kid that UA highschool had known, was crumbling right before their eyes. yet, no one noticed. at least, not until aizawa catches his sleeve riding up when the greenette was asking a question.

not until mina walks into the common room to find midoriya asleep, mumbling countless no's and stop's.

not until kaminari finds an old suicide note from middle school on izuku's bookshelf when he came in looking for the younger.

not until kirishima witnesses him on the roof, standing a little too close to the edge for comfort, in nothing but his pajamas.

not until uraraka had given him a hug from behind after class, and he promptly screamed.

not until jirou witnessed all might hugging him, all while he was telling him to get off and the hero had told him he was being dramatic, and it's not like he would hurt the boy.

not until shinsou has watched and heard deku tense up and wince audibly when the topic of sex had been jokingly brought up and pushed into the friendly conversation going on in the kitchen during dinner.

not until tsuyu had walked in on him crying in his dorm room, even after he had dismissed it as him watching a sad show several times whenever she expressed her worries.

not until bakugou katsuki punched mineta after class for telling his nerd that he had a great ass. normally, he would just yell at the guy for making such comments about any of his classmates, but he decided to take it a step further when midoriya broke into a fully fledged panic attack at the words.

not until lida asked to borrow notes because he was out on injury leave, and midoriya passed him the wrong notebook. he only got through the first page before the embarrassed yet clearly fear-stricken boy had noticed and exchanged the notebooks, rushing the class representative out of his dorm room before he could begin asking his concerned and worried questions.

not until hawks had asked class 1a what their plans would have been if they couldn't be a hero, and izuku had mumbled something along the lines of "honestly i thought that i would be dead by now", to his horror.