Chapter 8 - A private viewing (Namjoon)

Buttons. You can push them, undo them, lose them when wrenched apart in a moment of passion and he wanted to do all of those things today as he eyed up the guide assigned to him for his walk around the art gallery. She looked refined and calm, maybe a little uptight, the picture of a perfect guide in pencil skirt, glasses and hair tucked neatly out of the way in a tidy bun. He wanted to undo all of that. Pull her apart and piece her back together with his body. But first, introductions needed to be made.

"Mr Kim sir, this is Emma. She will be your personal guide this evening. As requested, the gallery will be open until you've finished looking but closed to the public so please take your time and look for as long as you'd like. The premises are at your disposal and Emma really knows all the pieces in our collection so she'll be able to help you with anything you may ask."

'I certainly hope so,' he thought before bowing low at the curator and Emma. "Pleasure to meet you. Thank you for agreeing to do this, I hope I'm not keeping you from something by staying open late tonight?" He allowed himself a moment to reach her eyes through the glasses she had perched on her nose and she blinked at him, lashes long, pretty vivid irises connecting with his. She looked unruffled and he wondered if she was like that in every occasion.

"Not at all Mr Kim, I'm looking forward to showing you everything, we're very proud of the collection of art we have here." She was British, her accent coming through in precise tones and clearly articulated words. He loved hearing her voice, wanted to hear more.

"Well thank you, I'm ready to begin whenever you are."

The head art curator stepped back, indicating for Emma to lead the way and she walked forward, motioning for Namjoon to follow as she spoke,"please come this way," and they set off together, leaving the curator behind. "Are you happy to follow my lead or is there a particular artist you wanted to start with," she asked over her shoulder as he hung slightly back from her. Part of it was that he didn't want to get too close as they didn't know each other and part of it was that he could admire her better from this angle.

"I'm happy to differ to you as the expert," he answered and she smiled as she looked down at the iPad she was clasping, information on every piece in the gallery at her fingertips if she needed it. Which she didn't because she was well versed in them all, having studied fine art at University before securing her role here a few years back.

"As an art collector, I'm sure you know your art too Mr Kim," she replied and he liked the way she spoke, especially as she said his name. Precise, straight to the point, maybe a little no nonsense. .

She knows who he is, of course she does. But she also knows he has earned privacy and won't draw attention to the fact she knows his first name or anything personal about him.

"I like to dabble," he answered, not revealing he had hundreds of pieces scattered on the walls of his apartment and on loan to various galleries back home in Korea.

She just nodded, leading them over to the first section and commenting on the various pieces. He was interested in the art but intrigued by her too, unable to stop his eyes from straying back to her figure. The shirt she is wearing is very demure and professional but the fabric is lightweight and clings in a way that shows the shape of her bra when she moves a certain way, drawing his eye. He wasn't trying to look but once he'd noticed that, it was hard to look away, following a little blindly as she leads them around, taking some but not all of the information in that she was feeding to him, excellent at her job. She looked down at her iPad occasionally to get more info, he doesn't know it's to give herself a moment as she's become heated being around him. Emma may look like she was holding it all together but she'd felt his eyes on her, caught him looking too often for it to be a passing thing. Enjoyed the way his gaze lingered on her face and body. Didn't feel like an object when he did. More like he was admiring a different kind of artwork when he looked at her like that, analysing her the way he was the canvases on the walls in front of himself.