Night 😪😪

(Hey guys I'm sry abt last chapter so here's my apology 🥺)

_~ Kazuha POV ~_
- ~•~ -

While I am still severely disgusted with Heizou right now, I'm currently distracted by the position I'm in with Scaramouche.

Throughout the whole time we were hanging out, we somehow managed to... cuddle? Well, we're laying on his bed and he's cooped up against me in a ball. How had this happened? I'm not quite sure.

Scaramouche let me sleep over at his house, and it's not like anyone could stop me considering I quite literally don't have parents nor a legal guardian who cares about me.

My eyes drift around Scaramouche's sleeping body. Apparently, he hates sleeping with covers on, so I can basically see his entire body, since he's only wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Looking at his body, Scaramouche is quite slender for a guy. He has very feminine features, and honestly I wonder if he even eats enough.

His hair is so silky, nice to touch. I kind of want to touch it. Do you think he'll wake up if I play with his hair?

I take the risk, gently fondling the strands of his hair. A feel a sigh of relief slip out of my mouth when he doesn't wake up. Heaven knows what he would do to me if I got caught... and even if he doesn't do anything— it'd be really awkward...

Anyways— now's not the time to think about that. Because, oh my god his hair is SOFT!

The more I look at him, the cuter he gets! Not in a gay way though. I mean, maybe, but not right now.

Actually, I had this thought in class. I'm still thinking about my sexuality, aren't I? I know I said I'd try to date a man one day, just to "test the waters", but who? I wouldn't want to date any of my friends because that'd be like... kind of gross.

You know who is cute? The boy who is literally right next to me. Maybe I could try? I doubt he'd reciprocate, though. Even though he looks gay, I think he might be a tad bit homophobic. Also, even if it were to happen, I'd rather it happen after this whole thing with Heizou. It'd feel horrible for me if we were to kiss knowing he's still bothered by Heizou. Also, I used kissing as an example. I am not thinking about kissing Scaramouche.

Anyways, I shouldn't want to get with a guy just because he's cute! Even if I did that with all of my girlfriends... I should probably change that habit. I need to like someone with a good personality for once, otherwise I'll get reprimanded again.

Are me and my friends even friends anymore? Are we going to be friends by the end of this?

What if we never clear Scaramouche's name? What if my friends never talk to me again. Even if they do, my friend group won't be the same. We were literally friends with a fucking rapist. I don't blame for doubting Scaramouche, they don't know the truth, but I still hate it. I know Scaramouche hasn't said anything to blame the rape on Heizou, so there's no way anyone would doubt him, but I wish he had. I wish Scaramouche would've told them no, when I couldn't speak up for him.

But, more than anything, I'm thirsty. My throat feels like the Sumeru desert and I'm not all for it. All I need to do is carefully get up without waking Scaramouche, get a glass of water, then come back. I'm sure I'll be able to navigate his house.

My body shifted carefully from the sheets, the sounds I made suddenly becoming louder the more cautious I was.

As I walked away, a quiet 'mmm' made its way to my ear. "Kazuha...?" I heard Scaramouche's voice, drenched with drowsiness. Dang it.

I crouched down by the bed, where Scaramouche lay half-asleep. I rested my hand on his head, play with hair calmly. "Shh, go back to sleep." I tried to make my voice as soothing as possible. Scaramouche stared at me with half-lidded eyes for a moment, before closing them. I waited a for a moment then left, careful not to wake him this time.

I exited his room, leaving to the hallway, then down the stairs. His house is huge, I'm starting to doubt if I'll be safe... I might get lost to be honest.

The stairs led me to the living room. Alright. The living room is pretty big as well. There is 3 hallways. But never mind that, the kitchen is right there! It's so open compared to the rest of the house. The rest of the house is pretty much hallways.

I hurriedly made myself a glass of water, even though the cups were hard to find. Just as I turned around to leave, I felt a hand grab my shoulder. And I may or may not have screamed.

"Damn, you scream like a girl," I heard a high pitched voice laugh, "You're Kuni's friend, right? And not some random robber?" The girl joked, at least, I hope she was joking and didn't think I was a robber.

"Ah, no, no! I swear, I'm not a robber in any way! I was just trying to get a drink," I defended myself. "You're Scaramouche's sister, right?" I tried to spark up a conversation, to at least make this less awkward than it already was.

"That's right~! I'm that little dickhead's sister!" The girl exclaimed. She didn't seem like the nicest sister, to be honest. "My name is Raiden." Ah, so that's her name. I've been referring to her as "the girl", and I guess I never really thought to ask for her name.

"My name is Kazuha Keadehara." I responded back with my name. The more I stand here and talk to her the more anxious I am to get back to Scaramouche. I already got a glass of water, and wasn't really ready for a stationary break of talking to his sister.

//-//

Words: 1018

Done with the chapter!! Sorry for not updating for almost 2 weeks. I've been really stressed lately, so I'm going to maybe take it out on you guys next chapter! So possibly prepare for Heizou. Anyways, see you all next chapter!!