CHAPTER - 04

"Wait, Darshan," Shubman asked him to stop.

"What?"

"I have a task for you" Shubman said with a glint of excitement in his eyes.

Darshan sighed and approached Shubman, knowing very well that whatever Shubman was going to ask would create at least some trouble if not a lot. Because he knows him very well, he knows how unhinged he can get at times.

But did Darshan have any choice? Definitely not!

Shubman handed him a photograph. "I want you to find out about him," Darshan took the photo from his hand. In the picture, someone is sitting on the couch, probably drunk, eyes barely open. It was a photograph of Ishan.

"Why do you want to find out about him?" Darshan asked, scanning the photograph closely with a perplexed expression.

"Also, why does this person look kind of familiar?" Darshan felt that he had seen this person but didn't know where.

Shubman raised his eyebrows at Darshan's words. "You know him?"

"I don't know! Maybe! Also, you didn't answer me. Why are we suddenly interested in this person?"

"He is someone I want to know about," Shubman said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, that's my question. Why?"

Darshan was one of the few people who could cross-question Shubman or talk to him in that manner.

He is Shubman's right-hand man. Darshan's father works for Shubman's father, and now Darshan is working for Shubman.

"Do we have some kind of rivalry with him?" Darshan asked again when Shubman did not reply to his previous question.

"No, I am just interested in him."

"Oh, so you haven't even met him and you're interested in him?"

"I have met him."

"Where?"

"In the bar."

"Okay, so you went up to him and were like," Darshan changed his voice to mimic Shubman, " 'Hello, I am Shubman Gill and I am interested in you. I know coming to you like this is kinda creepy, but who cares?' Right?" He mocked.

Darshan waited for a reply, but his expression changed when a realization dawned upon him. "And wait a fucking minute, you were out for the whole evening, and at the same time, some of our men were also not there... Tell me truthfully. What did you actually do?" Darshan's mind was bound to work like this; if he didn't see Shubman after every other hour, he knew that the 6-foot-tall man was up to something.

So Darshan's question makes much more sense here.

Shubman tried ignoring his question but then decided to tell the truth, "I wanted to meet him," he said, pointing toward the photo. "So I asked our men to fake an attack on the bar, and then the lights were also cut off." Shubman paused for a moment to gauge any reaction from the person in front of him, but none came, so he continued, "and I did talk to him a little, and he wasn't able to see my face."

With his jaw hitting the floor, Darshan just stared at him in utter disbelief. Saying that he was shocked was an understatement.

When Darshan regained his composure, he spoke, "I'm more surprised that you are still able to do something that has the tendency to 'shock' me... when I have seen you do pretty unhinged stuff in the past."

Shubman rolled his eyes at Darshan's dramatic response and busied himself with his phone.

"So you did all this to have a two-minute chat with this person?"