First encounter

*Please excuse my grammer*

It all started in 8th grade for the girl called Ruby. She was a social butterfly and would have lots of friends. She would always smile and fight for what was right. She was asked out by Juan and Jose, who were close friends to her, and she rejected them. Telling them "I am too young to date, so ask me later when I am an adult". She had strict parents, so she was afraid she would hurt her friends. She hugged them ask "we can still be friends".
At night when she layed in bed. Her parents would start yelling at her brother, who would come home late after hanging out with his friends. There was one time the little girls parents yelled and hit him because he came home with lipstick on his lips.
The little girl would hear this and would hear the helpless cries of her brother. She was so afraid of getting her parents angry so she would do whatever they asked with no questions. This would happen oftentimes, and the little girl would cover her ear and pray to just stop the screaming. This would happen often. Yet, the girl would smile at school because it was the only time she could feel safe.
A week later, the girl was asked by a teacher to show the new kid named Johnathan around school. She did so with a bright smile, telling him where everything was. He kept staring at her. She asked if he had any questions and he said "Can I be your friend?" She smiled and introduced him to her friends. She would always hang around with some friends here and there, but he would follow her. Once, he tickled her in her stomach to make her laugh and she smiled and ran away disgusted by his actions. She tried to keep her distance from him, but he would chase her and try to catch her. She would ask for him to stop chasing her. He thought that she was just joking and he would still chase after her.
As summer was getting closer. Johnathan would ask for her number so they can chat. She has never given her phone number to any of her friends. So she hesitated and disprove of it at first. He convinced her to give her number to him. He would constantly text her and she would ignore some of his text messages.
During the beginning of summer, her brother would come out as female and changed his gender to female. Her parents disapprove of it and would periodically argue about almost anything.
The girl would still keep in touch with Johnathan.
A week before school started he decided to confess his love to her over the phone. He asked if she like him. She said "only like a friend nothing more". He was persistent and kept asking her to ve his girlfriend. The girl felt disgusted by his nonsense of becoming a couple. She broke things off and said "we are no longer friends...I don't wish to see you anymore.....please don't ever appear in front of me" the girl felt too much pain to leave a friend, but soon after she stopped talking to all her other friends. She didn't want to be hurt again by anybody else. By the time summer was over, she would never learn how to truly smile. She didn't like school because she was afraid she would see him or any of her friends. She didn't like being at home either because she was too afraid of what might hurt her.
Relationships, trust, and hurt.
Why love when you'll hurt the most when it's broken?
Why trust when it will be broken?
Why have friends if you only compare yourself to them?

* If there is any mistake, please comment, and I'll fix it*