Dancing In The Rain (Watty Awards 2011)

"Come on, girls!" My coach yelled. "If you want a spot on the National Team, you'll have to jump higher than that! You aren't trying hard enough!"

My mouth was hanging open. Skating and dancing were my passions. And my skating coach telling me, me, who passed four freeskate tests this season and won golds for all of them, that I wasn't trying hard enough pissed me off.

"Dylan, you're up." She told me, and I skated in a 'J' formation, and turning backwards to try my triple axel.

I was shocked when I landed it smoothly, The other girls and Nathaniel- who, for the record, is not gay- clapped and cheered. I bowed and skating back to them.

After they all went and the buzzer rang for the Zamboni, I was skating of with Jackie, when Coach called me back.

"What's this I hear of you leaving the team?" She asked.

I shrugged, not  wanting to talk about the murdering of my parents only a few days before.

"I called my friend who lives down in Tennessee, and she said they'd be happy to have you try out for their Competitive Team." Coach told me and I smiled.

"Thanks, I'll tell my aunt. I'm gonna miss you guys."

She smiled at me and I was skating back when again, she called me back.

"Triple Lutz." She said, pointing to the center of the rink.

I sighed, skating around the rink once to gain speed then trying my triple lutz once more. But once my pick went into the ice, I screamed out in pain.

Before I knew what was going on, all gravity pushed me down, and I landed with a hard thud on the ice.

There was a ringing in my ears, and I closed my eyes, not wanting to believe that the roof was what I was looking at. Grabbing my leg, the only sound beside ringing was a high pitched scream.

My high pitched scream of utter and complete pain.

...

Okay, that was extremely short, but it was the prologue! Hoped you stick around for an hour or two for the first chapter.