CHAPTER 1: Dermit Albuquerque Trouble

There, in the harsh New Mexico desert, under the relentless heat and wind, was a man by the name of Homer receiving combat training for guerrilla warfare. He studied battle tactics and the art of survival in the scorching sun for several days. But in the middle of the fighting, Homer experienced an unexpected development: he fell in love.

On one of his clandestine operations, Homer happened discovered an enemy camp that was hidden. One woman in particular had eyes the color of the stars in the desert. Homer found himself pulled to her in spite of the fact that they were on different sides of the fight. Ants was her name; she was a valiant warrior with a golden heart.

In the middle of explosions and gunshots, their love flourished, a ray of hope in a violent world. Amidst the chaos of battle, they would steal moments together and dream of a time when they might be together fearlessly.

However, destiny had other ideas. The once-desolate desert transformed into a bloody battlefield as the fighting intensified. In the final, terrible clash, the wrath of battle claimed the lives of all. In their last moments, Homer and Ants clung to one another, their love stronger than the mayhem all around them.

Meanwhile, a singing creature named Dermit felt the weight of a bomb in his grasp while he was in the center of Albuquerque. He murmured to himself, "Now you'll pay, Albuquerque," with a look of rage in his eyes. But he had done nothing to Albuquerque. Desperate and angry, Dermit just swung at everything that got in his way.

Dermit hesitated as he was about to wreak mayhem on the gullible city. He understood in that flash of insight how absurd his actions were. Dropping the bomb, he left the violent cycle behind and went in search of atonement in a hate-filled world.

Dermit's ideas of retaliation filled his head as he turned to leave the bomb. Even in that little moment of clarity, the resentment and rage still tore at his spirit. The world owed him something for all the suffering he had gone through, and he couldn't get rid of the sensation of betrayal.

His mind spun with thoughts of revenge as he meandered around Albuquerque's streets. He discovered that he was plotting, driven by a desire to get revenge on the city for being such a bomb target. Every building and every corner seemed to mock him for existing, a constant reminder of his own pain.

However, as Dermit went farther into his retaliation schemes, a rational voice began to murmur in the back of his mind. He recalled the faces of defenseless bystanders caught in the crossfire of his rage and the destruction his actions had left behind. Was this the course he really wanted to take?

Dermit battled his inner demons for days, vacillating between the need for redemption and the urge for vengeance. And then, on that fateful night, he was forced to confront the results of his deeds.

His eyes were enlightened to the actual cost of his revenge by a fortuitous meeting with a survivor of his prior attack. He felt the weight of guilt breaking his own spirit, and he saw the sorrow etched in the creature's eyes. Dermit came to the realization at that very moment that his pursuit for vengeance had simply made things worse.

Dermit made up his mind with sadness. He was determined to stop letting his rage control him. He would seek healing and reconciliation rather than scheming harm. He would try to atone for his previous transgressions and ask for forgiveness for the hurt he had caused.

With hope and atonement in tow, Dermit set out on a new voyage. He gave up on the violent cycle, resolved to create a better future for Albuquerque and himself. And as he moved away from the darkness that had once engulfed him, a sliver of light flickered along his route, pointing him in the direction of a better day.