The Sorcerer's Stone {5}

A stormy night, moonlight shone on a tall brick house, which was built on top of a rock island in the middle of the ocean.

The family was sleeping, while Harry lied on the cold, hard ground. Dudley slept on the couch, as the boy below drew a cake with candles in the dirt. 'Happy Birthday Harry' . The birthday boy looked at his cousin's watch on his wrist, which beeped 12:00.

"They let him sleep on the floor!" Lily screamed in raged at how horrible they were treating her son.

"Make a wish, Harry" He whispered to himself, blowing out the 'candles', on the 'cake'.

Lily's anger quickly faded once she saw how sad her son looked, wishing she could give him a hug.

The door thumped in sync with the flashing thunder, Harry jumped in shock. Another thump, causing Dudley and Harry to jump up and back away from the door. The now eleven year old boy hid behind a wall, while his cousin hid under the windowsill. Petunia and Vernon rushed downstairs, his uncle with a rifle in hand.

"What's that?" Aurther asked, curiously.

"It's a weapon muggles use to physical harm others, which could kill them based on where they shoot" A Ravenclaw tried explaining it, so that it was easier for him to understand, as many eyes widened.

"Awesome" Bellatrix muttered to herself, causing her fellow Slytherins to look at her in amusement.

"Who's there?" Vernon screamed at another loud bang.

The door fell due to the impact of the bang, revealing a giant man with long hair and beard.

"Hagrid"

"Sorry about that" The giant apologized, grabbing the door and placing it back up.

"I demand that you leave at once, sir!" Vernon clenched the gun tighter, before aiming it at Hagrid. "You are breaking an entertaining!"

Petunia gasped in fear, as the giant grabbed the gun, bending it upwards so that the barrel faced up to the roof.

"Dry up, Dursley" Hagrid laughed it off. "Great prune"

The rifle fired making a hole in the ceiling, the Dursley's shrieked in fright, once Hagrid noticed Dudley.

"Boy, haven't seen you since you was a baby, but you're a bit along than I would expect" The giant continued. "Particularly 'round the middle"

"I'm not-not Harry" Dudley stuttered, as Harry stepped into the light, away from the wall he had been hiding behind.

"I-I am"

"Oh well, of course you are, got something for ya" Hagrid said with a wide smile, handing him a pink box. The boy opened it, finding a pink frosted cake with 'Happee Birdea Harry' written in green icing. "Baked it myself, words and all"

"Can see so" Octavia whispered to her fiancé.

"That's not nice, my love" Aaron nudged her slightly.

"Thank you" Harry thanked the giant, looking up at him with a bright smile.

"It's not everyday a young man turns eleven, aye?" Hagrid sat down on the couch, he then took out a pink umbrella, pointing it towards the empty fire. Sparks flew out into the fireplace, creating a fire, the family gasped once again.

"Excuse me, but who are you?"  The young boy asked, placing the birthday cake down.

"Rubeus Hagrid, keeper of the keys and grounds at hogwarts" Hagrid proudly said, still tending to the fire. "Of  course, you'll know all about hogwarts"

"Sorry, but no"

"Blimey Harry, didn't you ever wonder where your mum and dad learned it all?" Hagrid asked, clearly confused as to why the boy did not know about hogwarts.

"Learned what?" Harry was getting more confused by the second.

"Yer' a wizard, Harry"

"I-I'm a what?" Harry looked at him like he had two extra heads.

"A wizard, a thumping good one"  Hagrid explained to the young boy. "I'd wager, once you're trained up a little"

"No you've made a mistake, I can't be a-a wizard" Harry clarified. "I mean, I'm just Harry, just Harry"

"Well just Harry, did you ever make anything happen?"  Hagrid questioned, giving him a thoughtful expression, handing Harry his hogwarts letter. "Anything you couldn't explain, when you were angry or scared?"

"Dear, Mr Potter, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry"  He read the letter out loud.

"He'll not be going!" Vernon interrupted their conversation. "We swore when we took him in, we'd put a stop t9 this rubbish!"

"You knew!" Harry looked furiously at his uncle. "You knew all along and never told me!?"

"Of course we knew," Petunia stepped forward. "How could you not be?"

"My sister being who she was, my mother and father were so proud the day she got her letter," His aunt explained to him. "We have a witch in the family, isn't it wonderful?"

"I was the only one to see her for who she was, a freak!"  Petunia continued. "Then she met that Potter, had you, I knew you'd be just as strange and abnormal, she went and got herself blown up and ended up with you.

Lily looked at the screen in shock as to what she said about her, though she knew Petunia did not like her but she never thought that she had a deep hatred for her. James noticed sliding in next to her, nudging her shoulder lightly hoping to brighten her mood, to which she smiled weakly at him.

"Blown up?" Harry got even more anger. "You said they died in a car crash!"

"CAR CRASH!" Hagrid chirped in. "It's an outrage, a scandal"

"He'll not be going!" Vernon argued, grabbing the attention from the giant.

"That boy's had his name down ever since he was born!" Hagrid said, getting more and more irritated with the Dursley's.

Dudley was in the background eating Harry's birthday cake.

"Why is he like that?"

"He is going to the finest school of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the world" Hagrid stated. "He'll be under the finest Headmaster that hogwarts has ever seen, Albus Dumbledore"

"I will not pay for some crackpot old fool to teach him magic tricks" Vernon said, furious.

"He shouldn't have done that"

"Never insult Dumbledore in front of Hagrid"

"He really just dug himself a hole"

Hagrid whipped out his pink umbrella, pointing it at Vernon.

"Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me" The giant threatened, in the corner of his eyes he caught Dudley eating Harry's cake. He aimed the umbrella at the tubby boy, sparks flew towards him, causing a pink pig tail to grow.

His parents shrieked in horror, as they rushed after their boy. Harry laughed and Hagrid joined in on the laughter.

The hall was filled with laughter at the situation.

"That was truly brilliant " Sirius said, wiping tears of laughter away.

"Oh I'd appreciate if you didn't tell anyone at Hogwarts about that strictly speaking" Hagrid noted the boy. "I'm not allowed to do magic"

Professor McGonagall gave him a stern look, making him avert his eyes away from her as quickly as possible.

The pair walked out of the brick house, with a smiling Harry.

🌺Otter🦦
________________________________________________________________