Outer Descent/12. Unlimited Blade Works

Name: Zero

Age: 19

Classification: Human, Servant, Threat to Humanity, Evil of Man

Normal speech: Like this

Whispers/Muttering: Like this

Thoughts: *Like this*

Actions I can't be bothered to narrate: *Like this*

Serious tone/Shouting: Like this

Telepathy/Phone calls: <Like this>

Text messages received/sent: [Like this]

——————————————

Shirou's P.O.V

It's a landscape I've never seen before.

The fiery sky above. An infinite number of swords at my feet. Are they traces of a war? The world is inorganic, and there are no living things.

The ashen wind courses through the forest of swords. The swords stand like trees in a forest.

It's not just ten or twenty. Not just a hundred or two hundred. No matter how many there are, if it is impossible for them to be counted, they might as well be infinite.

The tools are rusting without anybody to use them.

A ruin of infinite swords.

It's like a graveyard...

There was nothing... But there was everything.

It was filled to the brim with an infinite number of swords.

I understood it. I was dreaming.

Using a small connection like a blood vessel, I see a memory that I cannot reach.

It is his memories. At the very least, it's not mine. This is someone else's story. It's so long ago that he doesn't even recall it. It's so old that he doesn't even try to recall it. It's so ancient that he cannot recall it.

—It is... A heavy burden of a contract that has been established and cannot be withdrawn.

It's not like he wanted something. If anything, he was the kind of guy that could not put up with anything.

He cannot put up with having people cry around him. He cannot put up with having people get hurt around him. He cannot put up with having people die around him.

That's the only reason he had. And for that reason only, he tried to help everybody in his sight.

He was clumsy, and it made you worry if you were looking at him. But he sure would accomplish it in the end, and I think he changed a lot of people's lives. I'm sure his life was a happy one.

His clumsy battles were not meaningless. He was able to save people proportional to how much he got hurt and how many times he faced death.

But there's one pitfall there. I said everybody in his sight. But one can never look at oneself naturally.

So in the end. He could not save the most important person of all, himself.

I don't know how it ended up like that.

No, it should be the other way around. It was a wonder that it didn't end up like this earlier. It was a terrible disaster. A lot of people died, and a lot of people were fa but death. Something that could not be solved with his powers alone. With many deaths in
front of him, he...