Introduction

Hi, my name is Molly, and for as long as I can remember I've loved writing. Now in the moment of writing this I'm only 17 and the first book I was published in was 8 years ago when I was in year 5. I know that young, but we were all out forward for the young writers competition. And well I won (as well as many others, but there were a lot who didn't). The prize everyone got was to be published in the book, where you're piece of writing would be along with everyone else's. I was so happy that I got that chance that the next year I entered too. Unfortunately that time I didn't get in the book. But a few years later when I'm doing GCSE English, something inspired me to write again. With the next 18 months I was published in another 4 books. These were all either short stories or poems. Again, a year later I wanted to write again, but I never found the right competition to enter.

I fell in love with dark romance novels, and read a whole series of 5/6 books with just a few short days. It had now become my favourite genre. Spicy, dark, obsessive romance books. And today I found a movie, based off of the popular Italian book: The Tearsmith. (This will come in handy in a moment).

I have been obsessing over the tv show The Rookie since January 2024. It's only April 2024, but I have rewatched the show more times than I can count. I love it so much, I created my own tiktok page dedicated to it, with currently just over 2,000 followers and over 23K likes overall, I'm glad to share my obsession with others. Within this account I started writing a scenario (which now has 12 parts and completed leading into another scenario with currently 1 part). Tonight I finished and posted the first part to the second scenario, and it got me thinking how much I had written it more like a book supposed to a scenario, more detailed and almost as if the characters had written it, which lead me to where I am now. Wanting to write a book, story, novel, however you want to describe it.

When I was thinking about what I wanted to write, I thought about the books I had read and movies I had watched and the scenarios I had written and it got me thinking. I wanted to combine it all. The main idea stems from the book and movie: The Tearsmith, the Twisted series by Ana Haung, and the most recent scenario I have written. And just like that, I had an idea at mind. I knew the names of that characters as soon as I started writing. I knew where it was going to be, and I had all these ideas flooding my brain, and I couldn't wait to share it all with you guys.

I really hope you enjoy it. And maybe one day, it will get published for real. (I can only hope).