𝟬𝟭𝟱. ( so american )

PAPER RINGS[ narrative, social media ]

PAPER RINGS
[ narrative, social media ]

tw: child abuse

ⁿᵃʳʳᵃᵗⁱᵛᵉ

Blair sits at the small desk in her bedroom, her pencil moving around on a blank sheet of paper as she attempts to sketch a ballerina dancing on a fountain

Blair sits at the small desk in her bedroom, her pencil moving around on a blank sheet of paper as she attempts to sketch a ballerina dancing on a fountain. This is her fourth piece of paper she's used considering her drawing skills are horrible. What can she say? It isn't her fault her parents refuse to sign her up for art lessons even when she begs them to.

She's always had a dream of being an artist-as well as a professional dancer and baker. She knows those dreams will never come true as long as her parents are alive.

She drops her pencil and crumbles up yet another piece of paper, letting out a groan of annoyance right after. She's never gonna be able to do this, is she?

"Blair, what are you doing?"

She flinches at the sound of her mother's slurred words. Blair immediately assumes she's been drinking the entire night. Then again, that's nothing new. It's a regular occurance at this point. Her mom gets drunk as hell and takes her anger out on Blair.

Blair doesn't blame her for any of it, though. She's drunk, after all. She just isn't thinking clearly. Plus, this is normal! Every parent beats up their kid every once in a while. At least, that's what she thought.

"Hi, mommy," Blair says with a smile, turning her head to face her mother. She has a small ounce of hope that her mom will be kind tonight.

"Don't call me that, you little bitch. It's Bunny to you," she snaps angrily, walking up to her daughter. "After that stunt you pulled today, you don't deserve a mother."

"What stunt?" Blair quietly asks obliviously.

"Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. I mean, walking in on me and your father fucking deserves a death sentence!" Bunny angrily yells before slapping Blair across the face. The nine-year-old lets out a loud cry of pain just as she feels herself fall onto the hard ground.