三十五

Everyone in the audience burst into joyful cheers and yells. After everybody applauded, Hoseok said, "I survived this!" "I did it!"

Everyone was too focused to see the passionate looks between Joshua and Seokmin. Unlike the ones they battled over, this one was infused with love. The American became even more enamored with his alleged "rival" as a result.  

When the cast had become excited about the wonderful news, Hoseok dismissed them all. A few minutes later, there were just two people left. Backstage, they were both sitting. Joshua posed the following query:

"Are you not trying to win? "Why have you come?"

"If my victory gets my boyfriend into trouble, I'd rather lose," Seokmin shot back with a sly smile.

"You said that your wish is to cook a favorite dish for someone you love, as for me, when I have a lover, I always let my lover win" he said.

"And who's that special person?" Joshua jeered, and he received a response.

"The boy with Bambi eyes who lives next door, is my boyfriend"

The older man pressed his head on the younger man's shoulder. As Seokmin tinkled with the sleeping man's smooth locks, Joshua considered this:

"You never asked me out so, how am I your boyfriend?"

"So you don't love me ?"

Although the question surprised Joshua, he answered more confidently this time.

"I love you"

With a "I love you too," Seokmin answered.

"Also, even if I confessed, you would still have lost," Joshua said firmly.

"How?" questioned Seokmin, bewildered.

"Well, the rule was not to fall in love after the bet, but I've loved you since high school." Technically, you did lose."

Seokmin didn't pay attention to the whole speech; his thoughts was fixated on the line 'I liked you since high school'.

"You...me...then..." were the only words he could manage to say.

Joshua only gazed at him with a hint of melancholy in his eyes. This was sufficient for Seokmin. Guilt flooded over him. He caused the other to suffer for a long time; he had always blamed Joshua for everything, but this was the reality.

Seokmin was the one who inflicted the most anguish.

"Why didn't you tell me?" asked Seokmin softly.

"I just didn't have the courage"

"But I do now," Joshua said before drawing Seokmin into a tender kiss. Despite the other's abruptness, Seokmin was able to melt with the lovely touch. They both backed away after a while.

"Why did you punch me hard last year if you loved me ?" muttered Seokmin.

"Was that hard for you? "What are you, a baby?" the elder sneered.

"We're really weird, don't you think? We just kissed and we're back to bickering with each other," Seokmin added, both giggling.

"That's because we both are two people who weren't supposed to be friends in the first place" stated Joshua.

"Well now, we're... BOYFRIENDS"

"Promise not to leave me," Joshua said quietly.

"I promise," murmured Seokmin, pinching the other's cheeks.

But, what if something changes everything?

🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇