7 - Crashing Down

i never craved attention until i tasted yours

══════✿✿✿══════

"So, just an acquaintance huh?" My sister questioned as I finished locking up my office and turning off all the lights in the library.

I ignored her as I walked to the front door and made sure it was properly locked before walking over to the back door and exiting, my little sister following behind me like a lost puppy as I put on a triple lock on the door.

Yeah, I am not taking any chances.

Alisha giggled as I made my way towards my car, "Alright maybe not, how about a girlfriend? Oh! or better, your future wife!" She laughed out loud as I got in the driver's seat and she got seated in the passenger seat.

I couldn't help but chuckle softly at my sister.

Sure, she is the most annoying piece of shit ever, but I love her too much and can't bring myself to ever be annoyed or angry at her.

"Whatever you say," I replied back in a mumble to her as I finally started driving.

I sighed as I thought back to my hangout with Meli. Hate to admit it, but she is a great company. You can forget all the momentarily problems in your life when you speak to her. She always has a smile on her face and that's enough to cure every disease on Earth. The way she speaks with so much joy is a therapy itself. She just radiates fucking sunshine beams and I hate it.

Fuck. Why do I keep thinking about her?

"Mhm big brother thinking about his children's names already, it's okay, I won't disturb you." Alisha patted my shoulder and I side glanced at her to see her smiling at her phone as she texted someone.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who are you talking to?" I don't want to be that clichè possessive older brother, but knowing what Alisha has gone through with her most recent breakup, I would really appreciate it if she wasn't already talking to a guy.

At my question, Alisha quickly switched off her phone and put it on her lap before staring out the window, "No one you should be worried about," She replied and I clenched my jaw at that.

"Alisha..." I said in a warning tone.

My sister sighed as she turned to face me, "What, Arthur? You do realise that I don't need to share everything with you right? It's my life, not yours. Have I ever asked anything about your private life? Huh? Have I ever asked anything about the girls you bring home to hook up with? No right? Then just let me live my life please." Alisha huffed and crossed her arms across her chest, staring straight ahead.

"I never brought any girl home to hook up with, what do you mean?" I asked her. Even if I wanted to fuck, I would never do it at my place because I am very uncomfortable with that.