𝟏𝟎| 𝖆 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙

HAPPY LET OUT and annoyed groan, caused by the ringing of his phone

HAPPY LET OUT and annoyed groan, caused by the ringing of his phone. He was so close to finally getting what he wanted, what he had been longing for for weeks. And just then the two of them were disturbed.

"I have to answer that", he grunted, almost an apologetic look on his stoic face as he slowly slid his hands up Tessa's thighs, his forehead still resting against hers.

"No, it's okay", she assured him, but disappointment still lingered in her soft voice. And Happy wasn't blind, he saw the disappointment flashing in her beautiful brown eyes as well.

Sighing, he pulled away from her to reach for his phone, which was lying on the table, still vibrating. All he wanted to do in that moment was to throw his phone against the wall and ignore it, but when Jax' name flashed on the screen, Happy knew it had to be important. He wouldn't call this late without a reason.

"What's goin' on, Pres?", he asked as soon as he answered the phone and shortly afterwards disappeared into another room in the house, leaving Tessa sighing, confused and alone in the kitchen.

"Great, really great." With slight frustration evident in her tone, the woman with the raven-colored hair jumped off the counter and put the leftovers from dinner in the fridge so that she could heat them up for Sawyer and her at lunchtime tomorrow.

Just as she closed the fridge, Happy came back into the kitchen, his posture tense and no happy expression on his face. His features were as hard as if they were carved from stone, telling Tessa that something must've happened.

"I have to head out, don't wait for me." Shoving the cell into the pocket of his jeans, he grabbed his kutte that was still hanging over the back of the chair and slid his arms inside, his gun and knife already holstered on his belt. "Lock the door behind me, you hear me?"

"What's wrong, Happy?" She was nervous, but Tessa tried to remain calm. Unnecessary panic was never a good thing, but remaining calm was.

"I can't tell you", he rasped with a serious expression, earning a soft nod from her. He firmly grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards him. "Promise me you'll stay here with Sawyer, okay? No evening walks until I'm back", he added with urgency, knowing that Tessa loved to take walks with Sawyer before his bedtime.

He placed a quick kiss on her forehead, ready to leave, but now Tessa reached for his wrist, her grip stronger than expected. Happy looked at her, impatient because he really had to go, but also curious about what she could want.

Then worry flashed in her eyes, worry for himᅳ that was new for the Killer. "Be careful, okay?"

"I will", he promised with a grunt, shooting her a wink to ease the tension a bit. But all he got from Tessa in return was a weak smile that she definitely had to force onto her lips.

The uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach remained as she watched Happy leave with her arms crossed and a big lump forming in her throat that she tried to swallow, with no success. Tessa didn't know much about club business or how exactly things worked yet. She had only heard a few stories from Tara and Gemma about how dangerous it could sometimes beᅳ and she didn't like it.