"Echoes of Shadows"

INT.  - LIVING ROOM - The seven friends, EMILY, LIAM, SOPHIE, OLIVER, MIA, NATHAN, and HANNAH, are gathered around the coffee table, maps and brochures spread out before them. Excitement fills the air as they plan their upcoming camping trip.EMILY (eagerly): "I can't wait for this camping trip! It's going to be epic!"NATHAN (nodding): "Yeah, it's been too long since we've had some time out in nature."SOPHIE (quietly): "I know a place we could go. My grandmother used to take me there all the time when I was a kid."The group turns to SOPHIE, curiosity piqued by her suggestion.OLIVER (intrigued): "Really? What's it like?"SOPHIE (wistfully): "It's a secluded spot deep in the woods. There's a beautiful clearing by a lake, perfect for setting up camp. The trees tower overhead, and the air is so fresh and crisp. It's like stepping into another world. My grandmother and I would spend hours exploring the trails and listening to the sounds of nature."MIA (excitedly): "That sounds amazing! Why haven't we heard about this place before?"SOPHIE (smiling): "I guess I never thought about it until now. But trust me, it's magical. My grandmother used to tell me stories about the creatures that lived in the woods and the adventures we'd have together."LIAM (grinning): "Well, if it's as good as you say, count me in!"The group nods in agreement, their imaginations running wild with the possibilities of their upcoming adventure.SOPHIE (looking around at her friends): "It'll be like old times, just us against the wilderness. I can't wait."With plans in motion and excitement in their hearts, the friends eagerly anticipate the journey ahead, ready to make memories that will last a lifetime.FADE OUT.

EXT. WOODS - DAY 1
The group's car trundles along a narrow, winding dirt road, flanked by towering trees and dappled sunlight. Excitement buzzes in the air as they near their destination.EMILY (leaning forward, eagerly): "Are we almost there?"NATHAN (grinning): "Just around the next bend."As they round the corner, the trees part to reveal a breathtaking scene—a secluded clearing nestled beside a tranquil lake, bathed in golden sunlight.LIAM (in awe): "Wow, this place is incredible!"SOPHIE (beaming): "Welcome to our secret spot."The car pulls up to the edge of the clearing, and the friends pile out, stretching their legs and taking in the sights and sounds of nature.OLIVER (admiring the scenery): "I can't believe we get to camp here."MIA (breathing deeply): "It's so peaceful."HANNAH (excitedly): "Let's explore!"With laughter and chatter, they unload their gear and set up camp, their spirits high as they immerse themselves in the beauty of the wilderness.As the sun begins to dip below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the landscape, the friends gather around the crackling campfire, sharing stories and making plans for the days ahead.Underneath the star-studded sky, surrounded by the tranquility of the forest, they know that this camping trip will be one they'll never forget.FADE OUT.

INT. CABIN IN THE WOODS - EVENING
The group has settled into the cabin, each pair claiming a room for themselves. EMILY and NATHAN, LIAM and MIA, OLIVER and HANNAH disappear into their respective rooms, leaving SOPHIE standing alone in the hallway, a sense of unease settling over her.SOPHIE hesitates for a moment, her gaze lingering on the closed doors of her friends' rooms. She takes a deep breath and reluctantly retreats into her own room, closing the door behind her.Inside, the room is dimly lit by the soft glow of the bedside lamp. SOPHIE crosses the room, her eyes drawn to an old wooden trunk tucked away in the corner.With trembling hands, SOPHIE opens the trunk, revealing a treasure trove of forgotten memories—a dusty old journal, its pages yellowed with age.SOPHIE's heart skips a beat as she recognizes the journal—it's her great-grandmother's, the one she was always forbidden to touch. A shiver runs down her spine as she hesitates, torn between curiosity and fear.Against her better judgment, SOPHIE reaches out and gingerly flips open the journal. As she begins to read the faded words on the page, a strange sensation washes over her, like a whisper from the past echoing through her mind.Suddenly, the room seems to shift around her, the air crackling with an otherworldly energy. SOPHIE's senses are heightened, every sound, every shadow, sending a chill down her spine.With a trembling hand, SOPHIE turns another page, her eyes widening in disbelief as she delves deeper into the secrets of her family's past.And then, in an instant, it's as if something inside her awakens—a dormant power, long forgotten, stirring to life once more.SOPHIE's heart races as she realizes the magnitude of what she's discovered. But even as fear grips her, a sense of purpose takes hold—a destiny waiting to be fulfilled.In the quiet solitude of her room, surrounded by the echoes of the past, SOPHIE knows that her life will never be the same again.FADE OUT.

INT. CABIN IN THE WOODS - NIGHT
The crackling of the campfire fills the air as the friends huddle together, the darkness of the surrounding forest looming ominously.EMILY (shivering): "We're running low on firewood. We should go gather some more before it gets too late."NATHAN (nodding): "Good idea. Who's up for a wood-gathering mission?"LIAM (grinning): "I'll go. And I think Mia and Sophie should come with us."MIA (nodding): "Sure, sounds good."SOPHIE's smile doesn't quite reach her eyes as she rises to her feet, a strange glint in her gaze that goes unnoticed by the others.As they venture into the darkness of the woods, SOPHIE's demeanor begins to change, her voice taking on an eerie edge as she speaks to MIA.SOPHIE (softly): "You know, Mia, there's something about these woods at night. They have a way of... changing people."MIA (nervously): "What do you mean, Sophie?"But before MIA can react, SOPHIE's grip tightens on her arm, her eyes flashing with a sinister light.SOPHIE (menacingly): "You'll see soon enough."MIA's heart pounds in her chest as she realizes the danger she's in, but it's too late. With a bloodcurdling scream, SOPHIE strikes, her attack swift and merciless.Back at the cabin, the friends are startled by the sound, but they brush it off as the wind rustling through the trees.As the minutes tick by and MIA and SOPHIE fail to return, the group grows increasingly concerned.EMILY (worriedly): "They've been gone too long. We need to go find them."NATHAN (nodding): "Let's split up and search the woods. We'll cover more ground that way."Unbeknownst to them, SOPHIE's spree has already begun, her twisted vendetta driving her to eliminate her friends one by one.With each step deeper into the darkness, the friends unknowingly walk into the clutches of a predator lurking in the shadows.FADE OUT.

EXT. WOODS - NIGHT
SOPHIE stands amidst the eerie silence of the woods, surrounded by the liteless bodies of her friends, their blood staining her hands and clothes. She stares blankly at the scene before her, a mixture of horror and numbness washing over her.
SOPHIE (whispering to herself): "They should have known... They should have understood..."
Suddenly, a haunting figure emerges from the darkness—a spectral presence shrouded in mist and sorrow. It's the spirit of La Llorona, her eyes reflecting centuries of pain and longing.
SOPHIE's breath catches in her throat as she locks eyes with the spirit, a silent understanding passing between them.
Without a word, La Llorona extends her hand towards SOPHIE, a silent invitation.
With a sense of resignation, SOPHIE takes La Llorona's hand, her fate sealed in that moment. Together, they walk away into the depths of the woods, disappearing into the darkness, never to be seen again.
As the first light of dawn breaks over the horizon, the woods remain silent, a somber reminder of the tragedy that unfolded beneath the moonlit sky.

The end.