𝟏𝟏| 𝖌𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖘 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖘𝖙

THE HOURS AT WORK didn't seem to pass

THE HOURS AT WORK didn't seem to pass. Every minute felt like an hour, increasing Tessa's restlessness. Tessa had never smoked as much between shoots and during her breaks as she did today.

Besides smoking almost a whole pack, Tessa also checked her phone every five to ten minutes. There was no new message from Cal. It just had to be him, anything else wouldn't make sense. Little whore gave him away, revealing that he was behind the text and the attack on Tara.

God, Tara would hate her once she found out she was responsible for the attack. But she had to tell her the truthᅳ and everyone else too, especially Happy. This was something she couldn't keep to herself. In order to protect themselves, the club had to know about this, no matter how uncomfortable it made the Laney woman feel.

Taking a deep drag of her cigarette, she held the nicotine in her lungs for a while, slumping her shoulders. Why couldn't she finally just live her life? First she had to be afraid of Cal, her sociopathic ex, and then she was controlled for years by her father who was using Sawyer as leverage. Now it was CPS that she had to worry about. And to top it all off, the cherry on top so to speak, Cal came back into her lifeᅳ stabbing her friends for fun.

Why didn't the universe allow her to be happy for once? All she asked for was to live her life with her son in peace, maybe even with Happy in the future. And now, now all of that was at stake because everyone was in danger because of her.

A painful hiss fell from her lips as Tessa dropped her cigarette, being too absorbed in thought that she didn't notice how the stem had already burned down to the end and would now leave a small burn on her finger.

"Hey sweety." At Lyla's soft voice, Tessa wiped around, forcing a smile on her lips as the blonde came up to her and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Are you okay? You seem off track today."

Worry flashed in Lyla's eyes, worry for her friend and Tessa felt miserable not being able to tell her what was going onᅳ yet. First she wanted to talk to Happy before she sat down at a table with Tara, Lyla and Gemma.

"I'm just a little tired", she waved her friend off with a strained smile, rising from the bench she had been sitting on. "And what happened to Tara..it's not fair."

"Shit, right. " Sighing, Lyla scratched her eyebrow. "I think I'll head over to her place and bring her some take out, make sure she's doing okay."

"I think she'd like that", Tessa assured, happy that Lyla would also check in on Tara. Still, Tessa was worried as hell about her two friendsᅳ the only real friends she ever had. "But just be careful, okay?"

"I will." Lyla scrutinized the younger woman, gently nudging Tessa's arm. "Hey, don't worry. Some idiot probably just tried to attack her because he thought a doctor must've a lot of money in her pocket."