Too late for regrets

It was a colorful day in spring. Momo just graduated from high school and it was indeed a happy day for her. It was finally the time to shout for success and prepare for a new chapter in life.

Walking along the cherry blossoms which bloomed around the park, she held her diploma close to her as she was on her way to meet Hibiya at their favorite sakura tree. She was almost at the destination when she saw a short girl with long purple waist length hair with a tall brown-haired boy. The boy and girl looked familiar to Momo, so she tried to take a peek from her spot. The girl was tip toeing, and they looked like they were having fun so she simply passed by and acted as if she didn't see anything.

HIBIYA'S POV

Yuuki was playing around with me under my favorite sakura tree. I was supposed to meet Momo-chii today because I was about to give her something after graduation. It's sad that she's no longer in the same school as I am, for I am still a second year this coming fall. I kind of saw her pass by, well maybe she did not see me or anything.

"Hibiya-kun, what's wrong?" Yuuki asked me because I was spacing out.

"E-Eh?" I stuttered "Ah, its nothing really. I kind of saw someone familiar but maybe I am just seeing things." I continued.

"You are meeting someone?" she teased. "Who is it then?" she continues.

"It's none of your business, baka." I patted her head, since she was shorter. She tried to hit me with her slaps but since she was short I had the advantage to stop her.

MOMO'S POV

I tried to text Hibiya but he said he was too busy with work so I went home and played video games, but then he promised to come here at home if he is finished.

I was about to finish one level of the game when someone just knocked the door. I quickly stood up and went for the door. When I opened it, I saw Hibiya holding some plastic bags and he was panting.

"Heyya... Did I make you wait?" he smiled.

"N-Not really..." I blushed. My heart was beating fast and I was speechless. "C-Come in. Make yourself at home as usual." Then I walked back to the tv and continued playing.

Hibiya brought some food and we played together at home. That's what we usually do when we hang out. Then after a lot of rounds we finally stopped and went for a break.

We ate potato chips and had some soda (luckily Onii-chan was not at home so he cannot take all the sodas with him). We also talked on some fun stuff then it went to serious mode.

"Momo-chii, were you at the park this morning?" he asked.

I suddenly blushed. I didn't know what to say. "Uh, yeah. I was at the sakura tree you told me about but some people were there so I didn't mind." I continued eating the chips and he suddenly went quiet.

"Oh, really? Did you wait for me?"
"Not really."
"Are you mad?"
"Of course not. Why would I?"

He suddenly hugged me and apologized. I was shocked at first but then I hugged back and I played with his cheeks. Then suddenly I remembered something.

"HEY! You were about to give me something. What was it?" I asked.

He had a confused face on, it was cute. It was also one of the reasons why I fell in love with him. He started dating me a few months ago and now we are in a relationship. It feels nice to have a boyfriend to love you as you are. It really is.

"Oh, yeah. I remember." He put his hand in his pocket as if he was getting something. "Ah here it is." He picked out a small blue box from his pocket and gave it to me. "Congratulations, Momo-chii. Here's my gift."