n•ine

─────── • ❥ • ───────

jaemin hadn't really expected renjun to agree to anything, so of course he had no plans whatsoever for this not-date. regardless, there wasn't a hell of a lot you could do in this town, and the usual spots always did the trick. or else they'd have to drive, and with no plan, that meant there was no destination.

renjun stepped out of the door of his complex, having changed into something presentable. jaemin had been waiting outside since it was still warm and chose to drink in the rays before unpredictable weather struck again. "sorry i took a while," the elder apologised and wandered over while rooting through his bag to make sure he had everything. "where are we going?"

"the aquarium. and before you say 'haven't you been there six times?', yes, i have. and they've just introduced a new penguin into their ecosystem so save your breath."

the brunette paused, staring at him and bursting into a fit of laughter. "i wasn't going to say anything. how presumptuous."

"you were, i could see it in your eyes."

renjun fluttered his lashes playfully and started walking in the direction of the town's popular aquarium. it was quite big and imported fish and sea-life from all over the world. the artist had to admit he was quite fond of it himself, and was glad he grabbed his notebook and pencil before running out the door since he enjoyed getting rough sketches from places like that and the zoo.

town wasn't overly busy today, although there was a healthy buzz to the pedestrians and traffic. since it was a university town, most inhabitants were students and it was most common to pass them. jaemin caught up to renjun and pushed his hands into his pockets, side-eyeing him. "how's college? are you busy?"

"somewhat. i've been distracted lately, not really meeting deadlines for certain pieces."

"what's got you so distracted?"

renjun pursed his lips, envisioning the painting of jaemin in his closet that was missing something specific and kept haunting him every time he needed to be creative. "dunno, life i guess. it's fine."

"if you ever need help or anything, i'll try my best," the taller promised and patted his chest proudly. "although i can't draw. maybe modelling though!"

"no thanks," renjun quickly shut that idea down. he wanted to figure out what he needed on his own without having his muse right there to point it out. more-over, incorporating jaemin into his art was already a cause for his concern. he didn't know what to think of it.