| Chapter 1 |

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Miyeon in the middle of the cafeteria, receiving a few looks of disdain from some of the customers present.

"Shhh!" Soojin shushed her. "Do you want us to get kicked out?"

"S-Sorry." said the brunette, embarrassed. "What do you mean Minnie is coming back to Incheon? That Minnie?"

"Do you know other people named 'Minnie'?" asked Soojin, wryly.

"Unfortunately, no." said Miyeon, sighing heavily. "Why is she coming back? How did you find out?"

"Unlike you, Minnie is still one of my closest friends and keeps calling both Shuhua and me when she wants to tell us something or just hear how our relationship is going," said the girl, sipping from her cup. "She is coming back for summer break. Her parents are still here in Korea, after all. She wanted to say hello to us too and spend time together, like the old days."

Miyeon lowered her gaze, looking at her reflection inside her cup of herbal tea.

"I wish nothing had happened between us that night. Maybe we would still be best friends now and our relationship wouldn't be so awkward. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think I'll be able to act like nothing happened when I see her. If only she had answered my message that day... Maybe now we would have kept talking to each other or being friends... or something more." said Miyeon, nostalgically.

"I want to give you a little advice." said Soojin, patting her hand. "I know both of you. I'm sure a long talk will be enough for you to clear up any misunderstandings. Take this opportunity to talk to her."

"No, Jin!" exclaimed the brunette, looking her friend in the eyes. "I don't care. If we needed to talk to each other, why has she ignored me all this time? Since she left, she has never sent me a single message. Not even by mistake. What happened, happened and there is nothing I can do. If all this is nothing to her, then it's a good thing our friendship is over... The only idiot who has been wounded by it is me."

Soojin sighed, looking at her friend, suffering for her, understanding her reasons.

Minnie and Miyeon had been best friends since they were born. Their mothers, in turn, were best friends, thus facilitating the close relationship of their daughters. Or at least that was until the summer before.

Twenty years of friendship erased in one night. The night before Nicha left for college in Thailand.

To Be Continued...