𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝟔

Hello Butterflies,

I know it's been so long. But here is the chapter. Please vote and comment down your thoughts.

Now read and enjoy ❤️‍🩹

Last night, I struggled to sleep due to the recurring dream about the mysterious man

Last night, I struggled to sleep due to the recurring dream about the mysterious man. Another factor contributing to my sleeplessness was the thought of Salah Ibrahim Khan and his daughter, Haniya Salah Ibrahim Khan.

Upon meeting Haniya for the first time, I never suspected her relation to him. However, observing them together highlighted their striking similarities. No one ever mentioned his marital status or family, leaving him shrouded in danger and enigma in my eyes.

After arranging my books and changing into a green maxi dress, I prepared for school. Today, I had two hours of counseling sessions with the students, in addition to teaching English. It's disheartening to see young kids nowadays becoming addicted to drugs and taking destructive paths that jeopardize their present and future. I'm committed to contributing my efforts to guide them towards making the right decisions in life.

"Assalamualaikum, Ammi," I greeted as I was about to leave for school when Ammi called out my name, stopping me in my tracks. I turned around to face her.

"Try to come home early from now onwards. It's less than a month until your Nikkah, and we have many preparations to make," she said, to which I nodded in response before heading to the bus stop.

Throughout the journey to school, my mind was consumed with questions about marriage and those haunting sage green eyes. No matter how hard I tried to distract myself, I couldn't shake the thoughts of those captivating eyes, which seemed to hold an ocean of pain within them.

"The key to managing your life is by controlling your emotions, such as anger. Anger can impair a person's ability to think clearly, leading to actions and words that can hurt those you love the most. It's common for teenagers to experience anger issues due to hormonal changes in their bodies. Experiencing anger doesn't make you a bad person," I explained to the seventeen-year-old boy who had been under my counseling for the past two weeks.

"Don't worry, Abhay. You're making progress, and I truly believe that one day you'll be able to control your anger," I said in an encouraging tone, aiming not to bore him with my speech.

"You are the reason for my improving personality. You are my savior, Sabah Ma'am," he said, to which I smiled.

"I didn't do anything special. I simply listened to you and shared my perspective. It's you who is saving yourself by controlling your emotions," I replied.

But our session was interrupted by a continuous knock on the door.

"Please come in," I said, giving permission.