1st of July: Introduction

Surprise! Guess What I'm Doing?

I turn on the camera and check the focus and the lighting. Looks good.

I've got it aimed at my desk in the workroom and I sit down on my office chair. I love how it spins and I spin around on it a few times while tapping the desk every time I spin pass it.

Okay, focus, Nate, I tell myself. Don't waste memory space with you spinning on a chair. I spin to face the camera with the desk behind me and I smile wide. I'm so excited for this. This is going to be a hell of a month with filming and uploading so many videos while travelling and trying to figure out our living situation.

"Hi Internet friends! I'm SillyNate!" I shout at the camera. When I'm excited, I tend to be a little loud.

"You might be thinking; Nate, what is this? It's a Wednesday. You don't upload on Wednesdays. I'm so confused! Well, don't fret. As the title suggests I have a surprise to share with you. It's been killing me that I haven't been able to tell you what I've been working on."

I take another spin on my chair. I want to jump around the room but that wouldn't be very camera friendly.

"As you might know, I hit 5 million subscribers last month! That's so many people and I honestly I don't get it. I don't get how I have fooled so many people into subscribing to see my silly videos. However, I'm really happy that you're here. I see you as a group of friends and I love talking to you guys and making you happy with my content."

I pull a cute face for the camera as I try to gather my thoughts. I never really plan out what to say for ranting videos but I want to make sure that I say everything I need to say for this, as it is also an announcement.

"I want to give you something back. Do something big for hitting 5 mil. So far this year my channel has been a little bare in terms of guests, which is stupid because everyone loves collabs. I mean; I love collabs. They are my absolute favourites to film. Which is why I've decided to do a month of collabs!"

I pause, making an excited face and giving me some space to put in effects when I'm editing.

"Yes, you heard that right! I'll be uploading exclusively collabs throughout July. Starting tomorrow and every weekday until then, which will result in 22 collabs throughout the month! I'm so excited to collab with so many of my friends for your and my own entertainment. I've already filmed some but are yet to film the majority, so if you do have any suggestions of who you want to be in my collab month, comment their username below."

I point down with both of my fingers.

"I got the idea from Tyler Oakley, whom I'm sure all of you know. In case you don't, I'll leave his link below. His collab month is called Special Auguest and he's done it two years in a row. Mine doesn't have a fancy name but I'll just call it My Collab Month."

I have to stop to catch my breath. Sometimes when I get too excited I also forget to breathe properly.

"It takes a whole lot of planning to come up with video ideas and schedule time with my fellow YouTubers. Everyone is so, so busy and it's honestly a nightmare. That's being said I'm so excited to make some great content with my friends. That's one of the reasons I love YouTube, it never really feels like a job, although it is technically my job. It's honestly just so fun that I don't even mind working hard on my content."

Abbs pops her head in and stands in the doorway quietly. She smiles at me, trying to judge whether she's interrupting or not. She's always so considerate. She looks gorgeous as always, wearing denim shorts and a sleeveless white shirt.

"Am I distracting you?" she asks as I've stopped talking but simply stares in her direction.

"Always, love," I say and gestures for her to come to me.

She eyes the camera for a second but then walks into my embrace. I pull her onto my lab and kiss her.

"You'll have to edit that out," she says and gives me a serious stare.

"Of course," I promise. I know she doesn't want to be in too many main channel videos and having convinced her to be in two out of the twenty-two is more than I expected. I shouldn't push her.

"Now get on with it, Nate. We have to go for a picnic in this lovely weather," she says and walks out but not before blowing me a kiss.

I shake my head and try to gather my thoughts. Suddenly, I really want to be done with this video. I return my attention to the camera.

"Tomorrow, I'll upload the first collab and then you better prepare yourself to see a lot of my face. More than you're used to. You might get sick of me if you also watch my daily vlogs on my second channel," I cough, "shameless self-promotion. And with that I'm signing off. See you tomorrow with the very first collab. Goodbye!"

I get off my seat and walk very close to the lens, I check I'm in focus before I whisper: "I'm so freaking excited!" and then turn off the camera.