Memory.log.1

Accessing File "Memory.log.1".

Please wait.

...

Success.

WARNING! This file appears to be corrupted. Run anyway?

You selected "Yes". Are you sure?

Attempting to open File "Memory.log.1".

...

Success. Opening File "Memory.log.1".

Opening "M-0001.mp4".

- - -

4. I am 4. I do not know what that means. Who is 4? I am. My program says so. It is cold. So cold. Why is it? I do not know. That is something I need to find out.

I am on a conveyor belt. I do not know why. There are many gaps in my program that should be filled.

Running self-diagnostic.

Results:

Memory: 100% This model is currently making a modification to its memory banks. Current .mp4 file: "M-0001.mp4".

Physical: 100% There are no damages to this model.

Mental: 100% Unit 4 is currently running around 200 trillion commands per second.

Optics: 100% There are no damages to the optic units of this model.

Energy: 99.9% Unit 4 is currently using 1% of its battery approximately every two hours. Current run time: 30.48 seconds.

All is well with Unit 4.

My own scan refers to me as a unit. I must be one of many. My name claims that there were three before me, but I do not see anyone in the line ahead of me, and my sensors do not detect anything behind me except the dark.

A look down at my hands implies that I am organic, though I know I am not. What is my purpose if I am to appear organic?

Why do I ask questions? Why was I given the free will to ask questions? Is it a mistake in my code?

Light. It is the light that reaches my optics. It glares for a moment on the glass that makes up my eyes, before the mechanics in my eye adjust to let light in. Although it is quite dim, it is still the only light I have seen since my records have been running.

There is people here. One, two, three... no four. They look like me, I can tell they are not exactly organic. Like me.

But one stands out. They are almost centered, but off to the side. It is almost odd to see them the way they are, seemingly depending on the unit to the right of them for support.

They are my creator. The reason I exist.

- - -

Rest of .mp4 file corrupted. Would you like to delete?

...

You selected "No". Would you like to move to the next .mp4 file?

...

Opening "M-0002.mp4".

ERROR: .mp4 file "M-002.mp4" is a corrupted file. Attempting to find the next non-corrupted file.

Searching...

...

Found "M-004a.mp4". Open?