12. Dance

[🎶"Blow" by Kesha.🎶]

Santana: Hahahahaha... Dance.

Santana stood on the football field. The Cheerios were all in position behind her as she started to dance.

Santana: Back door cracked, we don't need a key. We get in for free. No VIP sleaze.

Perla and Mia stood directly behind her, just a few feet apart from each other.

Santana: Drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. Now you're one of us. You're coming with me.

The rest of the Cheerios were doing their rehearsed routine, while Santana showed Mia and Perla their parts in it.

Santana (Cheerios): It's time to kill the lights. And shut the DJ down. (This place's about to-) Tonight, we're takin' over. No one's getting out!

Santana had it all. The dance skills, the tumbling skills, the attitude. With cheer nationals so close, they needed to emulate her.

Santana with Cheerios: This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to.

As Lola and the rest of the Cheerios went down on their knees, Mia and Perla turned to face each other and each did the same double backhandspring-into-a-layout routine. 

Santana: Go-go-go insane, go insane. Throw some glitter, make it rain on 'em. Let me see them hands. Let me, let me see them hands.

"I was better," Perla told Mia, who responded swiftly, "In your dreams."

Perla got in front of them again and showed them the next part, singing as the other Cheerios stood up and danced behind her.

Santana: Go insane go insane. Throw some glitter, make it rain on 'em. Let me see them hands. Let me, let me see them hands. 

Then Santana turned around, indicating for the girls to do it without her. 

Santana (Cheerios): We are taking over (oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh) Get used to it, okay? (Blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh)

Perla and Mia copied Santana, with Perla frequently stepping in front of Mia to block her view. Mia did the same, getting in front of her so that Santana would only see her.

Santana with Cheerios: This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. This place about to blow, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. Blow-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh. 

Then as the routine came to an end, they stopped side by side, each trying to smile wider and pose more fiercely than the other.

Santana: This place about to-!

Santana blew her whistle and said, "That, ladies...is exactly how you need to perform at Nationals."

Perla smiled proudly while Mia shot daggers at her, unhappy that she had to share the spotlight with her for practice.

"Except, of course," said Perla, "that my spot will be taken by one standout. And my second and third best girls will be behind her. I liked watching all of you today, ladies, but I'm still not convinced who that star is going to be. As always, I need someone who can cheer, dance, and tumble. Pep, smoothness, strength, smiles, sex appeal. It's all important. I'm looking for the girl who has it all."