8 - Nice

something about you made me feel a little more alive and a far less lost

══════✿✿✿══════

"Sorry. Can't come tomorrow."

I frowned at the message on my Snapchat. What happened?

I woke up, feeling super energized and giddy knowing that Arthur was warming up to me because he had replayed the snap of mine yesterday, and also because I was excited to hang out with him again today.

But as soon as I opened my phone, that message was not what I was expecting.

The smile that had been on my face instantly crumbled, and I would be lying if I said that I didn't feel a lurch in my stomach or a stab in my heart.

Overdramatic ass.

Be quiet.

Worry started to fill me, and I instantly started to overthink.

Was it because of the video yesterday? Did I make him uncomfy? Was I pushing this whole friendship thing way too far? Did he find me annoying? Is he trying to avoid me?

My frown just deepened as these thoughts consumed my head. No, Meli. You are not going to think that nobody wants you in this world.

But it's so hard not to think like that.

Pushing all those thoughts aside, I begrudgingly got out of bed and started to get ready for my day. Maybe if I start doing the work for the day I can eventually forget about his message.

Is it a bad idea to go check up on him in his library?

Absolutely.

But I am still going to do it. Maybe not now. Probably after I'm done with my teaching in Winterfell House and then my shift at the local grocery store.

I have a feeling this is going to turn out to be horribly bad, but you only live once!

Slipping on an oversized sweatshirt and some shorts with knee-high socks, I brushed my teeth and walked downstairs to get started on making breakfast for my siblings.

I have much more free time today because the 3 of my devils would be at school so I wouldn't have to make them lunch, and Mary had already left the house.

She is such a morning person. I could literally never.

Packing their breakfast and placing it on the counter, I quickly ate up a toast and grabbed my bag and bicycle keys before I was out the door.