CHAPTER ONE

This is detective Celicia Barnes here, member of the Blue swan detectives society. my partner, James Duke has been with me since the  beginning of detective club, side by side i believe we're able to crack any case and solve any mystery. the worst of it is that i'm still a cadet and not many people would want you to handle their cases. There's a pending case my partner and i are trying to close, that case is the downfall of my career. Luckily, if i get a badge the club master gives me a badge which automatically takes me to a new rank: senior detective of Blue Swan high. i think that's enough, uh so i guess i'll see you around.

"I'll see you at the HQ later this evening.' i told James so we could work on our case.

'are you sure 'cause i'm pretty occupied this evening'

'The job comes first okay, i'll make it up to you later'

'I'll be there'

   if any care isn' t taken it won't be long before i get myself the second embarrassment in school property, the first is still fresh in my memory. It all started at junior high, my first try to become a senior detective, and member of the private eye society by earning the same badge, i'll be honest it wasn't easy. My first case was the case of the missing ice cream in the cafeteria , just a little more until i could  crack the case but i was out  run by the new senior private eye detective Trevor Graves, son of the present agent of the president. His character annoyed me so much so that even a stranger should despise him, he looked like he had joined some form of notorious gang bent on setting the school ablaze with everyone in it. Although Girls my age failed to see that. Still, he recovered the missing ice cream but I further investigated to find out they were different flavors, as a detective you should further investigate not all that gliters is gold.

I got to the HQ a small shed my best friend gave to me before she left high school. I was shocked to see James seated on my swivel chair drinking a boba and reading a comic, but I burst in anyway.

'you're here early'

'like you said the job comes first, besides we've only got tomorrow'

'uhh...any clues?' I said as I sat on a chair

'I thought it would be reasonable if we start with Bill Baker'

'nice thinking, we'll meet him up later this evening'

Bill Baker was every detectives first suspect he always committed more crimes than people won lotteries, Jenna Morgan was introduced into committing crimes ever since she became his girlfriend.

At exactly six in the evening, I knocked at Bill's door only to see a sweaty half naked boy giving me a nasty grin.

'What do you want?'

'We want to ask a few questions, may we come in?'

'Whatever' he said carelessly

His apartment looked like a pig sty, clearly it had not been cleaned for months, and it smelt like an abandoned warehouse kept aside for animal rearing.

'May we sit?'

'No remain standing'

'Where were you on the night of the prize giving ceremony?' James asked

'I was at detention, why do you even care'

'After that'

'The principal's office'

'Doing what'

'A guy told me to take the award in exchange for some cash, I was meant to replace it with another award. I can't tell you anymore than this.'

'Punching is allowed' I said to squeeze more information out of him.

I don't know anything else' Bill confessed

That same evening, the school newspapers arrived and I had only glanced at the headlines just to find out that Trevor had "found" the award and had been rewarded. I rushed to the office hoping it was a prank paper but I had to stop because Mr. M.C. Corey was talking to him, Mr. M.C. Corey was our club master and he didn't have a mind of his own, always doing whatever he was told and I was beginning to think my not getting my badge on time was a controversy.

'That boy works wonders, if he wasn't so promoted I'd have raised his rank higher' the principal praised

'I'm glad to see the club pleases you sir'

'I wish this is how most of our students are, unlike some people who never close a case'

'Don't worry sir, very soon all our students would get to full bounce'

I left silently after eavesdropping on their discussion, something was wrong, I asked James to meet the secretary so we could schedule an investigation at the principal's office. That out of the way, the janitor insisted she be with us since she didn't want anything missing before tomorrow morning.

Our attention diverted from her towards the award, thorough investigation showed that it was man handled and bruised on the body which was hidden by a thin film of gold spray paint that was mildly wearing off, and this showed that the principal was naïve enough to believe anything. The case of the missing ice cream being replaced and now the awards being replaced. Someone is behind this but whom.

'