Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~
Jiah pov
~~~~~~~~
"Kai, I'm taking the dogs and going for a walk," I hollered to my brother as I was putting my shoes on.

"Okay, Jiah. Be safe. If you need me call me," he said and I smiled.

"I will. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone for but I'll text when I'm headed back," I said and heard an okay.

After a few more minutes, my dogs and I walked out of the door. Living in the middle of nowhere comes in handy sometimes. For example, being able to go on walks with all 5 of our dogs without having to put them on leashes.

But I'm getting carried away. Nice to meet you. My name is Huening Jiah. Sister of Huening Kai, the member of TXT. Currently he is on a break and wanted to spend some time with me. Isn't that sweet? Now you're probably wondering, "why not go visit your parents?" Well our parents died three years ago in a plane crash. Since then, Kai was the only person I had so I knew I had to do something when he went back to work. The thing I did? Adopted dogs. Don't ask me why.

The first dog I went to adopt was Bear, a now two year old black and tan Doberman. The second one I adopted the same day was Shadow, a now two year old black lab. The next one I found abandoned on the side of the road. Kane, a Cane Corso who is now about a year and a half old. Next I found Raven, my German shepherd, in a box in an alleyway, who is only a year old. And then to complete our little pack, Butter, a golden retriever about 2 years old, who Kai found.

All of them are protective except for Butter. Which is expected since he's a golden retriever. Kane and bear have both been trained to be guard dogs but Shadow and Raven just picked it up from them. And that's why I have no problem going out into the woods by myself.

As we walked, the dogs ran and jumped on each other and played, which made me laugh at them. They always know how to brighten my mood. For example, the time we opened our pool after winter. I got them while our pool was closed and it had a hard top cover over it. They would walk on it during the winter but the day after we opened it, Shadow and Kane tried to walk on top of it and I think you can imagine how that played out.

After about an hour and a half of walking, I decided it was time to go back so I texted Kai and continued to walk. All of a sudden Kane, the most protective one, started barking and getting into a defensive stance which made me stop walking. Butter came up beside me and whined while the other three got into a defensive stance with Kane.

Everything went silent for a minute until I heard very quiet leaves crunching. All four of the protectors started growling and I crouched down to their level and looked to where they were looking. When I didn't see anything I started looking around the entire area. Until I saw a figure of a man standing there with a gun pointed at us.

I slowly did the motions that the trainer taught me and made them move enough to let me run. As soon as I had a clear path and exit, I ran as fast as I could with one dog right next to me, two in the front, and two in the back. When we were about halfway back I stopped for a second to see if anyone was coming and when I didn't hear anything, I relaxed a little bit. Then I felt a small pain in my tricep. I looked down to see a tranquilizer and right before I passed out, I looked over and saw them in the dogs too.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Super short chapter but they will get a lot longer. I hope you all enjoy! Borahae!