Runnin'

Link was running. Running from Ganondorf, from the Depths, from the castle, for his life.

But most of all, he was running from the past.

His past. Everything he had done. He knew this made him a coward, but it didn't matter. Soon he would be gone. He was leaving Hyrule. 

Forever.

They didn't need him. He was a failure. A stupid, worthless failure. Everything he had thought he'd done for the kingdom of Hyrule had been turned against him.

Looking back at the castle, Link continued to run, tears streaming down his face. He would head for Lurelin, then set sail from there. And he would never return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link...Wake Up

You are the Hero

It is your duty...

I can't hold him any longer!

It's all your fault!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Link jolted out of his slumber. Looking up at the sky, he noticed the sun was up high.

Was it morning already?

Link had barely gotten any sleep. He had been plagued by nightmares all night. Nightmares of a time long past. He wasn't much of a hero now.

Yawning, he stretched his legs out, feeling his muscles go taut, then relax.

Slowly, he placed his palms on the ground, and pushed himself up.

It was time to leave. 

He had spent the past few days running from the castle. Ganondorf was furious that he had escaped. Monsters had been sent out from the castle to search over the kingdom of Hyrule. They had run down everything, burning anything in their way. 

Another one of his mistakes.

Luckily for Hyrule, he would be gone soon. Yawning again, he shambled out of his makeshift shelter. Grabbing his small sack of food, he stepped out of the rocky cave into the warm sunlight. The beach of Lurelin was beautiful this morning.

Too bad it would be the last time he would ever lay eyes upon it. Link shielded his eyes from the sun as he walked over to the abandoned docks of Lurelin. It looked like everyone had evacuated.

Good. Hopefully they were safe. Link knelt down, grabbed the frayed rope tying the boat to the docks, and began to unravel it. 

Finishing the job, he grabbed the small boat, yanked an oar from the docks, and hopped in. Glancing one last time sadly over the beaches of Hyrule, he set sail.

Never to return.

-----------------------------------------

(Author's Note) Sorry for the really short chapter!

Trust me, I know what I'm doing, there's a reason! 

Happy Saturday! 

Have a blessed day!

--------------------------------------------------------------