An Unexpected Turn Of Events

Huuughhh I feel sick ToT So my writing isn't writing very great but here ya go:P (Also, long chapter alert!)

🪼-☀️-🪼-☀️-🪼-☀️-🪼-☀️-🪼-☀️-🪼-☀️-🪼

~
.Five Years Ago.

"Hey! What are you doing?!"

Juelz dropped his pen with a yelp as he shot his head up from the sketchbook on his lap. He was met with a boy who seemed to be around his age, milk chocolate curls falling into his eyes and pretty, caramel skin. Although Juelz found it hard to believe the boy was the aggressive type, he didn't look particularly happy right now. Another thing he'd noticed, was that the boy had appeared from the house that'd been for sale for almost two years now. Juelz didn't feel like talking, though, so he chose to put his earphones back in and continued sketching.

"Excuse me?" The boy was now standing next to Juelz, violently nudging his shoulder.

Juelz shot the boy a glare as he paused his MP3 player once again. "What?"

The boy motioned to the house aside from them. "You're in my front yard."

Juelz furrowed his brows, glancing around the so-called 'front yard,' which solely existed out of a patch of grass and a big oak tree he was leaning against. "So?" Juelz eventually said, already dreading a conversation with this mysterious new guy. Who even was he?

The boy narrowed his eyes at Juelz, shooting him a tight-lipped smile. "So, I'm asking you to leave."

This has got to be a joke. Did the universe hate Juelz this much? He sighed, shutting his sketchbook before locking eyes with the boy. It was then that he realized two things. One, that the new boy didn't only have pretty skin, but also really pretty amber eyes, and two, that the porch light on the house had just turned on, which meant Juelz had to go home soon anyway. With all the social power he had left in him, Juelz did his best to replicate the boy's forced smile. It probably looked more like a frown, but seeing the twitch in the boy's face was all that mattered.

Without a word, Juelz threw his stuff into his bag and stood up, dusting himself off before he walked away without looking back. Welcome to the neighborhood, new kid.

.Present Day.

Loud music and incoherent chatter crashed into Juelz the moment he entered the living room of the Cortez family, his eyes scanning the place for Romeo. He locked his eyes onto his worn-out Converse as he shuffled further into the room, his heartbeat picking up with every step he took. Social gatherings weren't exactly Juelz's thing, to put it lightly. If he could, he would avoid them forever.

Sadly, the world doesn't work that way. So, over time, Juelz had figured out a coping mechanism that could pull him through most of these scenes. Tune the people out, tune the random details in. It seemed so simple, but the reality was much more complicated than that. Sometimes, he'd get so caught up in the details around him, it was as if he got trapped in his brain with the doors locked. He'd forget how to speak and people's voices would stop registrating.

Juelz got roughly yanked out of his mind when a random woman he'd never seen before bumped into him, sending him stumbling off to a table piled up with stacks upon stacks of food. Grumbling to himself, he decided to shake his worries away, for now, and instead took the chance to take in the scenery around him.