Prequel

It was a Monday morning in Allen's high school, and everyone was half asleep, including Allen himself.

It was a beautiful sight outside, but the only sight he was interested in looking at was one in his class. There was a redhead who had recently caught his eye. Every time he saw her, he couldn't help but behold her intently. And a growing feeling of admiration developed inside him every second he did. He'd been doing so for quite a long time now, and he hadn't lost his interest in it at all. He should end this newfound habit of his. It was improper to stare, yet he couldn't bring himself to stop. 

According to his observations, she was intelligent, kindhearted, talkative, and beautifully eccentric. She had her flaws, too. Including but not exclusive to her habits of self-talk, her constant pacing, and her social unawareness. But instead of her flaws causing disinterest to him, it further increased the heights of his curiosity and longing.

He had to get to know her better. But how? He couldn't just go up to her and attempt to conversate. He hadn't the confidence for that. He could barely even bring himself to do a presentation in front of his class of 30. How is he supposed to talk to someone whose approval matters and makes him nervous even more than even a class of 100?

...

Who is this girl, and why is she so captivating to him? Would he ever find a way to confess his ever-growing feelings to her, or will he, for the rest of this feeling, whether it be a few years or the rest of his life, be a victim of unrequited love?