One and Only

This guy lives in the middle of Karachi, in the middle of the daily chaos. Just your typical eighteen-year-old boy, handling the complications of youth with all the elegance and awkwardness that goes along with it. However, hidden away in the everyday patterns of his life is a love tale so deep that it exists beyond of time and space.

When he first lay eyes on her seven years ago, it was all just a brief moment in the overlapping of his childhood. Even though she was just a young girl and lived in the home directly across from his own, she instantly became the center of his attention. He stopped her from falling off a big building in a dream that began all of this. Though he was unaware of her at the time, something about that dream stayed with him and sparked an interest that would eventually grow into something more.

He couldn't understand the intensity with which he found himself pulled to her as the days grew into weeks and the weeks into months. From his window, he observed her going about her everyday activities, including her punctual study sessions, her walk to tuition, and her getting touched by the soft rain falling on her rooftop. And as time went on, his admiration for her increased and developed into a love that was so powerful and overwhelming that it became the center of his existence.

He was in complete awe of her beauty when he saw her returning home from school in 2017, 2018, and 2019. She was dressed in her uniform. He was filled with pride upon seeing her, knowing that she was out there pursuing her dreams and taking the world by storm, one step at a time. Her determination motivated him and fueled his own goals and objectives.

When a worldwide pandemic brought the world to a stop in 2020, he was left with the option of giving in to hopelessness or overcoming it. And he got up. He pushed himself into learning skills like cooking, he upgraded his personality in the hope to be worthy of her, determined to make her proud of the future he had to offer despite all the obstacles and difficulties that surrounded him.

But life had not always been kind to him. Tragedy occurred in May 2021 when he lost his grandfather. He was devastated by the loss and found it difficult to cope with the suffering. Subsequently, as though the universe had decided to put him to the test once more, his family's financial difficulties worsened, resulting in furious fights between his parents. He went to his grandmother's house for security because he couldn't handle the stress at home. There, in the comfort of familiar surroundings, he missed her more than ever and cried longing tears during the peaceful times of being alone himself.

During her sister's wedding ceremony in December of that year, he happened to catch a glimpse of her wearing an exquisite red and golden dress that screamed elegance and grace. Although his heart was overflowing with love, he was too afraid of being rejected to speak up. That night, as he struggled with the regret of missed opportunities, he came home with tears flowing down his cheeks.

He would sneak peek at her every day as she stood on her balcony, enchanted with her presence. He couldn't take his eyes off of her; she appeared to radiate an amazing beauty. He was charmed and could not take his eyes off the scene, his heart growing softer by the second.

Thus, on December 24th, he took a decision. He sent her a message, his hands shaking and his heart full of hope, exposing his soul and declaring his love for her in spite of the constant fear of rejection.

However, the response he had hoped for was not what he received. He felt more alone than ever since there was a quiet that echoed through the emptiness of his heart, in place of understanding and compassion.

Nevertheless, his love for her did not end in the face of rejection. She was more than simply the girl who lived across the street; she was the source of all of his aspirations and the motivation behind all of his accomplishments. Everything about her, from the way her hair fell in soft waves to the little mole on her face that highlighted her beauty, was ingrained in his memory. A constant reminder of the love that burned within him was her voice, soft and musical, and her black hair, also soft and beautiful.

He knew that his love for her would remain despite the possibility that he would never have her in the way he had hoped, a silent monument to the strength of love in all its complexity and beauty. And he promised to always keep her memory close to him, a beacon in the dark of his spirit, as he stood in the peaceful privacy of his room and gazed out at the city below. He still has the same intense love for her now, knowing he deserves her affection, but she is still out of reach, a distant ideal he might never be able to have.

His love for her is as strong as ever, even now that he's finally grown into his own and feels deserving of her devotion. He dedicates every lyric of songs "Ajab si" and "Main Agar Kahoon," which are filled with sadness, to the memory of his love. As he listens to these songs, tears come up in his eyes, each lyric expressing the intensity of his affections for her. His love for her is undying; it still burns brightly in spite of the years and the hardships they have faced.