Chapter 1

A long time ago, our island was once named after the goddess that founded it, Aetheria island. But our new tyrant king Caspian of Solace came along and ruined it, changing it to the Solace Isle. He also stripped the land of all its magic and made these horrifying monsters with his newfound magic. My grandma says that ever since then the fish in our beach village have been depleting, to the point where we have to travel to the plains to get food. Ever since I heard that story, I wanted to help restore the island. I went through extensive training and met my friends along the way and found out that they wanted the same thing as me. That's why my friends and I are leaving. We want to change this island and turn it back to how it used to be.

"Do you have everything you need sweetie?" my grandma asked as I was walking out the door.

"Yes granny!" I yelled back.

"And you're sure that you want to go, I mean it's really dangerous out there Genevieve." she said.

"Granny, I'm sure, this island needs help and I'm gonna do whatever I can to help." I responded.

"Okay, but you better come back." she said, holding back tears.

"Trust me, my friends and I are coming back." I said while hugging her goodbye.

She hugged me back and waved as I walked away from our house. As I walked to the meeting spot my friends agreed. I thought to myself about the plan we had come up with, I wondered if it would work against the king or not. I kept doubting it because the king could easily make monsters to counter us, but hopefully it doesn't get to a big fight.

"Hey, you keep thinking that deeply while walking and you're gonna run into a pole." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Is that you Roy?" I said while turning around, "And I will not run into a pole." I finished, while trying to swat at him.

"That's what you say Eve?" He spoke. While easily avoiding me. "Anyways, are you ready?" He asked as he stopped dodging me.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said, stopping as well, and trying to sound as assured as possible.

"Okay, Katie and Stephen are over there at the light pole, so let's go." he said as he started to walk in the direction of the rest of our group.

"Hey Katie and Stephen!" I say excitedly. Katie and Stephen both moved into our village as orphans. They were treated very badly at their orphanage in one of the plains villages, so my aunt took them in. They're closer with each other than anyone else in our group.

"Hey" Katie replied in a monotone voice.

"Sup" Stephen said also.

"How's my aunt?" I asked the two.

"She's doing good." Katie said plainly.

"You can say more than that." Roy says with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Just like Katie said, she's doing good. Ever since we told her that we were leaving she's been trying her best to keep us home." Stephen said with a slight chuckle.

"Yeah, that makes sense, she's always been more of the protective type." I said, also chuckling.

"So, are we ready to go?" Katie asked us.

We all nodded, and we headed down the trail and onto our journey.