01 - Dobrev Enterprises.

8:47 am
California, USA.

With my head down I zigzagged my way down the stairs. I had gotten drunk last night and I think I was having a hangover. The ache in my head was just too much to handle.

I sighed as I approached the kitchen. My annoying dad couldn't even make me hangover soup.

Why would he? All he cared about was drugs and his gambling. I approached the fridge as I stared at the figure that stood in my kitchen and at the sink.

I cleaned my eyes with the back of my palm as I saw a very familiar guy. A smile reached my lips as I approached him then hugging him from behind. " Tyler. I cant believe you came." I whispered with a smile, taking in his perfect masculine cologne into my nostrils.

Tyler was my childhood friend.

We attended the same high school, and became really close, he had first saved me from a couple of mean bitches, he was my date to prom once, I had crushed on him, but what I craved for from him never happened, still I never minded as long as he was always with me.

Back in high school we weren't in same grades. I was actually graduating out of middle school while he was in his freshman years.

But surprisingly we both got closer over a summer holiday and promised not to leave each other, and since then we've been friends.

" How ya doing Es?" He asked as he turned around and ruffled my hair. " Tyler... I thought you said you'd stop calling me that." I sort of whined.

" It's a short cute name for Tess." He says as I sigh. " Well, it's not cute when you say it like I'm a child. I'm 22 for crying out loud." I mumble as he smiled.

Well that wasn't true. The reason why I didn't like him calling me that was because it made it seem like I was his ex, and I didn't want to feel that way because we haven't even had our first kiss yet.

" Well.. how are you feeling?" He asked as he approached the kitchen island. " Here. I made hangover soup." He whispers as I trace my eyes to the bowl he had unknowingly placed on the island.

I beamed. " How did you know?" I ask him. " I brought you home." He replies. " You were at the bar also?" I asked as he hummed. " Drink the soup before it gets cold." He said pointing at the soup as I smiled and did so.

" Why did you get drunk anyways?" He asked as I sipped the soup with a sigh. " I was fired." I said. " Fired?" He asked with his voice having a hint of disbelief.

I nodded. " What happened?" He asked calmly as I smiled. " I did something real bad so I actually got fired." I replied as he gave a faint smile.

" Any job offers lately?" He asked.

" Well. I actually got a job not too long ago, before I got fired. I start Monday and have at least tomorrow to get myself to work as the secretary of Dobrev Enterprises.." I said with a smile expecting same from Tyler but instead I got nothing.

" Congratulations." I heard him say and by the sound of it, he wasn't happy. " Tyler. What's wrong?" I asked. " I thought you said you wouldn't go near Dobrev." Tyler said.

" Tyler. What's so bad about Dobrev? It's huge and it'll be a great honour to work in such a business place. I mean. What do I mean? Tyler. You have to understand. I need to pay my debt off before it's took late. My house would be confiscated and.." I was saying when " Tess, how many more times will I tell you to quit calling your dad's debt your debt? Tess... you can move in with me. You're hurting yourself by letting those people torture you." Tyler said.

" Tyler. I'm not going to leave my dad. Although he's nothing but an asshole. He's all I have." I said as Tyler sighed. " Tess, when will you understand?" He asked wanting to hold my hand but I withdrew.

" No you don't understand Tyler." I said as I gave a fake smile before I approached the stairs.

" And for your information. We were just having a normal conversation Tyler. We're not fighting." I said as I watched Tyler nod before I went upstairs.

That evening, I was sited on my bed when I received a text from Tyler. " Tess." He said. I smiled as I picked up my phone.

" Are you busy?" He asked as I replied no. " Wanna have dinner with me?" He asked as a smile reached my lips.

Tessa: Sure.

Tyler: Alright then. I'll come pick you up. Chinese food huh?

Tessa: Sure. I love Chinese food.

Tyler: Aight. I'll be there in a few.

I immediately stood up as I threw my phone on my bed as I entered the bathroom. After a quick bath I approached my wardrobe. I opened the closet door with a sigh as I stared at my clothes.

I picked out a white silk body hugging knife pleated gown.

I straightened my long brown hair having it fall to my back as I wore on a silver hair clip. I smiled. I applied a bit of mascara and wore little red lipstick.

I smiled as I stared at myself. I was just a carbon copy of my mom. There was literally no difference.

I heard the honk of a car right outside my house which startled me. I approached my bedroom window as I stared at Tyler's car.

Although we both had a fight, I still liked him. I picked up my phone from my bed, took along me my Chanel purse as I exited the house.

*TYLER'S POV*

I stepped out of the car patiently waiting for Tess. I wasn't okay with the idea of her working at Dobrev enterprise. I knew the company owner.

He was Taylor Dobrev. I was scared of Tessa falling for him and forgetting me. Forgetting us. I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Just as my eyes swung to the front door of Tessa's house, I watched it open as a goddess walked out.

It was Tessa. She had her beautiful long brown hair straight which I had never seen up until today. She usually had her hair braided or made in a bun. Even on outings.

( A/N: This chapter might bore you out but keep in mind that the coming ones will be amazing.)