pink ribbons (requested)

Coming up behind your boyfriend, you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him tightly.

He couldn't keep himself from smiling as he finished brushing his teeth and put his toothbrush back in the holder.

"Good morning." He said as he wiped his mouth with the handtowel.

"Good morning." You tiredly spoke before kissing his shoulder. "You weren't there when I opened my eyes."

"I'm sorry." He said as he turned around to face you. "I have practice this morning. You were still sleeping when my alarm went off so I didn't want to bother you. I was going to give you a kiss before I left."

"Well, you can kiss me more now since I'm awake." You suggested with a grin as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

He put his lips on yours and gave you a soft morning kiss, his minty breath fanning against your lips as they moved against his.

You pulled away and looked him up and down with a smile.

He was dressed in all black; a pair of black sweats, a black hoodie over his black shirt, and he had a pair of black sneakers on.

He looked handsome, as always.

But it was the perfect outfit for what you had planned.

"I know what would be just perfect to wear with this." You said and watched his eyebrows furrow as you pulled a pink ribbon out from behind your back.

"What am I supposed to do with that?" He wondered and you kissed his cheek softly before grabbing his hand to tie it around two of his fingers.

He couldn't help but laugh as you finished making the perfect bow with the ribbon on his index and middle fingers.

"Perfect! Do you like it?" You asked with a bright smile.

He looked at his hand and then at you, feeling his heart melt as he noticed the happiness and pride in your eyes.

"It's beautiful."

"You can take it off if you want." You said but watched him shake his head.

"No, I mean it. I'm going to wear it like this today." He said before kissing your forehead.

"I have more!" You said before excitedly going back into the bedroom to grab more ribbon.

He laughed when you returned and tied another bow on the strings of his sweats and then asked him to take his hoodie off, so you could wrap one around his muscles.

"Do you like it?"

He knew the boys would probably tease him a little about his girlfriend tying cute little pink bows around his body and his clothes but he didn't mind at all.

His heart swelled and his lips tugged into a smile as he gently cupped your cheek with his fingers that you tied the bow around before he kissed your lips.

"I love them." He said and kissed your forehead. "I can't wait to show them off."

You giggled happily and kissed him once more.

"I have to get going." He spoke before grabbing the ribbon from your hands and tying a little bow around your ring finger. "I'm keeping mine on. I hope you do the same."

"I will." You grinned. "Have a good day, baby."

"You too, my love."

"While you're gone, I'm going to put little pink bows around some of your things. Since you like them so much." You teased and leaned against the doorframe as he turned to look at you with a big smile.

"I look forward to it." He winked before heading out for the day, leaving you feeling butterflies in your chest as you wondered how on earth you'd ever gotten so lucky.