067

"Should I thank JuHee for last night?" JeongYeon asked, wearing her shoes.

"Just come back home on time. It's still dangerous outside." NaYeon commanded.

"Why? Her house isn't far. I can go, thank her then can come back here. How about that?" But NaYeon didn't bother to answer and handed her the cap.

"Be careful on your way." JeongYeon nodded, wearing her cap and leaned for a kiss.

"I love you." She whispered, separating their lips. Blushing, NaYeon pushed her away.

"What about mine?" JeongYeon whined. NaYeon gave her a flying kiss but JeongYeon was still pouting.

"Later at night. Go now."

"I'm going, aunty."

"Take care, kid." Mrs Ahn said from the kitchen.

"I will." She then waved to NaYeon before going downstairs.

She wore her mask before stepping out of the shop and looked around, in case someone was watching over her. But nothing seemed suspicious so she made her way to the main street. But remembering the gun shot of last night, she could still feel chills in her body. Right now, she was maintaining a proper distance from every person she was passing by.

Fear of being caught left her mind once she arrived at the site. Stretching her arms, she looked around to the people, who had arrived there before her. Shrugging off, she went to get her safety equipment but noticing Mr Kwak observing a blueprint with a man, she decided to go and greet him first.

"Kyung, come here, kid. Meet our new supervisor, Mr Shin." He introduced JeongYeon to his colleague so she bowed to him.

"To which group you belong?" Mr Shin questioned her.

"He's an intern. Learning to fix the tiles." JeongYeon scratched her nape when her cool boss addressed her as a guy.

"He's still young." She felt Mr Shin's stern look on herself.

"Yeah, but he's a fast learner. Go, do your work." Nodding, she bowed to them before leaving.

Masking herself as a guy was not much of a problem for JeongYeon when her cool boss was also supporting her in her lie but she was well aware that it would cause a big trouble for both of them if ever she got caught. She loved this job, not only because it was adventurous for her but the wage was also satisfying.

"Kyung, can you bring the bolt sets here?" A worker shouted from the second floor.

"In two minutes..." She shouted back.

Grabbing the bolt sets, she rushed to the second floor. Just within three days, JeongYeon was knows by everyone working at that site and most of the workers were too friendly with her, maybe because she was the youngest and seemed a bit different among them.

They liked how she was always ready to help them whenever they needed. They were not taking advantage of her but were somehow being dependent on her. Even JeongYeon was delighted having those strangers as her friends but at the same time, she was guilty for not being able to reveal her identity to them.

The bell for the lunch break rang in the afternoon so the workers paused their work and went to wash up before having their meal. JeongYeon was returning back to her group to have lunch when she found Mr Shin's eyes on her. Awkwardly, she bowed to the man, who approached her.

"Why don't you join us, young man?" He pointed his cabin.

"Thank you for the offer, sir but I can't join you." She bowed a bit, in embarrassment.