23 - Pride

We got into the house and Yoongi collapsed on the sofa.

It was odd, he wasn't bleeding, but he had huge wounds in his abdomen. I could tell he was in tremendous pain, and all I wanted was to take it away from him.

I stood in front of him and took his hand, but he dismissed me, angry that he was in this state.

"Let us help you, Yoongi. It's okay to get help." I urged him, and he just stared back at me with a face of thunder.

"It'll be okay." I reassured him, and then he let out a defeated sigh, loosely holding my hand and allowing me to pull him to his feet again.

He stumbled into me and instinctively wrapped his hands around my waist to stabilise himself.

"You're so stubborn, y'know?" I teased him, and a small smile formed on his lips.

Hoseok guided him away and laid him on a table, and I made my way for the door to give him some privacy, but as I tried to walk off, he grabbed hold of the skirt of my dress, stopping me.

I looked down at his hand and then back at him.

"Thank you." He exhaled, looking up at me with sincerity.

"Just get better. I need you to protect me. Not the other way around." I winked at him, and he smirked back at me, knowing full well that's how the dynamic should be. He is one of the strongest Wardens around, and seeing him laid up like this no doubt will instil some fear and uncertainty in the others.

"Maybe you can fill my boots until I'm better. Witch." He playfully tugged on the material, and before I could respond, Hoseok had made a move to get started with healing him.

There's no way I can protect all these people. 

How can they trust me if I can't even trust myself?

I made my way back into the living room and everyone was already in bed. Maybe that's my cue.

📅

I heard crying last night.

I'm fairly certain it was Taehyung.

They will all know what happened.

If I'm scared, no doubt they will be as well.

Hoseok was up all night tending to Yoongi, so I took it upon myself to cook some breakfast for everyone.

Scrambled egg and toast.

Easy and simple.

I plated everything up, and as I brought it through to the table, everyone bar Yoongi and Hoseok were sat at the table, waiting for grub.

"Eat up, kids." I beamed, and they all began serving healthy amounts of egg on their toast.

Namjoon gave me a warm look, and as I sat down to take a bite of food myself, he rested his hand on my thigh.

"I'm glad you're here. We needed a woman to keep everything in order." He smirked with his cheeks filled with food.

"Wow. I'm glad I am appreciated so much." I playfully scoffed, then got up from my seat to plate some food for Yoongi and Hoseok.

I got to Yoongis door and knocked lightly.

There was no response, but I took the chance and opened the door with my elbows anyway.

Yoongi was awake, laying upright in bed, and Hoseok was crashed out on the arm chair.

"I hope you don't mind. I've got breakfast and tea." I smiled at Yoongi, perching on his bed and placing the plate on his lap.