24 - Finally

Chris didn't want to sit in the house, so we hung out in the gardens.

He said it felt negative.

I never thought about it like that, but it is a bit of an intense household.

There's a lot of heavy energies that float around the residents, myself included. 

Maybe one day I will just feel.. lighter. That would be nice.

Chis is good company, though. An uncommon positivity in a world of dread.

I felt comfortable with him instantly. Completely ignoring the fact he is also a raging beast that would happily rip me to shreds.

He knows all about the Wardens and the Rogues, but he is a bit of a nomad himself, living a life on the move away from people he could potentially hurt.

He thought he was safe in the forests near the house, from harming others and himself, but he soon understood why he ended up with a bounty on his head. No one is safe anymore.

"Say, Chris.. How did you know where to find me today?" I asked him while he laid down on the grass, basking in the sun.

"Oh.. uh. I could smell you. You have a distinctive scent. Like a pheromone." He tells me casually, and I just feel myself blush instantly.

"So I hear." I awkwardly clear my throat.

"Is it.. Uh.. A nice scent?" I scratch the back of my neck, just feeling the heat radiate off me.

Chris gave me a quizzical look, but as he noticed how I was behaving, he softened it to a smile.

"It's.. Incredible.

I can't explain it." He gushes, rolling onto his stomach.

Shit, why am I feeling so shy around this man?

"I'm surprised you even leave the house. It could attract the wrong types of people if you're not careful." He places his hand on mine, but as he notices my expression, realises its just a little too late for that kind of warning.

"I can't tell you how to live your life, but just be careful. Don't let them get inside your head. It's easy to turn dark, but so much harder to turn back good. If you need a body guard to keep them away from you, I'd happy sign up. I don't have much else to live for right now." He exhaled, and I moved my body closer to his to acknowledge him.

"The whole house could do with a body guard now that Yoongi is injured." I sighed, and Chris cocked his head at me.

"But do you not have sorcerer powers like Yoongi? Surely you can cast another protective spell over his? Then you'll have double the protection.."

"I've never tried before.. What if I end up setting the house on fire.." I jokingly whined, holding my hand up to mimic a spell, but as my sleeve dropped and exposed my salamander mark on my arm, Chris panicked and grabbed my hand to lower it.

"On second thought, maybe not a good idea." He chuckled, holding my hand tightly.

"Are.. You sure you're a Warden?" He lowers his tone in case someone could hear him.

"I don't know what I am." I sigh, but then suddenly a figure pulls me down on the grass.

" I sigh, but then suddenly a figure pulls me down on the grass

"You are troubled by darkness." He spoke softly to me, drawing me to his eyes.

"You.. You're the Forest Fae.. Aren't you?" I whisper, and he smiles back at me.

"Hyunjin." He spoke sweetly.

As I lay down, I suddenly felt vines wrapping around my legs. Before I could panic, Chris moves over to me and pulls them away to free me, then sits me up and moves me away from the Fae.

"I wouldn't.." Chris warns him, and he gives him a warm look in return, almost like he is un-phased.

He sits up and stares at the ground.

"This is my forest.." He speaks, almost zoned out, staring at the space I once laid.

There were flowers growing around the outline of where my body was, almost like the soil I touched was to be avoided.

Am I that bad?

"If you are to be here, you have to promise not to destroy it." He glanced back at me.

" He glanced back at me

It was so odd.

He was threatening me, but his voice and features were so soft and delicate, you would think you were hearing things.

"I don't go out of my way to be destructive.." I mumbled, and he shook his head at my words.

"It's not something you can physically control. Your mental state needs discipline-"

"-Everyone says that but they don't tell me how to become disciplined! How? Please tell me how, as I have no idea what I'm doing. This is all still new to me and I feel like I'm not being guided at all. More like judged." I let out a desperate huff, and Chris inhaled through his teeth, understanding my frustration, but ultimately having no answers for me.

"Yoongi should be training you with your sorcerer gifts. Stay away from Seokjin and Felix.. And Minho.. If you want to train with fire then ask Jeongin to help with controlling it-" He then suddenly ran on almost at the speed of light.. But... Fire?

"-Train with fire? What makes you think I can do anything with fire?" I quizzed him, and he gave me a look like he thought I was joking.

"Oh.. Uh.." He looked back at me awkwardly, trying to find the words.

"Lets just say.. Rita didn't burn your house down." He suddenly confessed, and my heart fell out of my mouth.

"That.. Was me?!" I gasped, feeling overcome with emotion at the revelation.

"I.. Killed my father?" I faltered, and he looked at me apologetically.

"Maybe the wrong way to tell you, Y/N.. But yes. Your Mother would have influenced you, though. She was an evil woman." He tried to soften the blow, but if anything it made it worse.

I really am weak.