25 - Training over Torture

"Oh, hi kids." Rita speaks from behind, almost making me jump out of my skin.

Hyunjin and Chris both look at her awkwardly, and she just maintains her usual warm look.

Why are they being weird? I thought they knew her?

"Rita.. Why did you say you.. were the reason my father died?" I mumbled to her, and she crouched onto the floor, softening her gaze.

"I'm sorry, Y/N. It is just too much to go into, but that's why I am back now. You need proper training.." She rested her hand on my shoulder, and Hyunjin and Chris shifted in their place as they clearly felt uncomfortable with Rita.

"Are you two staying for dinner?" She spoke plainly, and I stared back at them.

They looked at each other, then me. I couldn't pinpoint why, but I felt such an unsettling vibe.

"Okay.. If I can eat outside?" Chan suggests, and Hyunjin nods in agreement.

"We can all sit outside." She then smiled, and they both instantly relaxed.

Maybe they just have their guards up.

"Including the Rogues." She added, as if it was just a small addition, not a life threatening one.

"Are you sure?" I quietly asked her as we made our way into the house, leaving the other two sat on the grass, perplexed at the suggestion from Rita.

"Of course. They are residents after all. We are one big dysfunctional family."

"Yoongi wont make it down the stairs, though." I sighed, and she stopped at the steps before the door.

"What's wrong with Yoongi?" She quizzed, standing completely still and staring back at me.

She's acting weird, now.

"He's injured." I frowned at her, and she almost looks like she smiles, but then quickly hurries me into the house before her.

She winced in pain as she stepped in, but then shook herself and continued on into the living room.

"You okay?" I placed my hand on her arm, and she flinched a little, before relaxing again.

"Just a little under the weather." She smiled weakly back at me, and then proceeded to pick up two chairs under her arms.

I helped her carry the remaining chairs and the table out the front, and then she entered the kitchen to make food.

She insisted I didn't help her, but I just thought maybe she felt bad for leaving me alone for so long.

I popped up the stairs to see Yoongi, but he was asleep.

Hoseok had gone out to get more medicine, and Namjoon and Changbin were in their rooms sleeping. I knocked at Jung Kooks room, and he was sat at an easel painting flowers.

"We are having food outside. I'll come get you when it's ready?" I smiled, and he nodded back at me.

Taehyung was with Jimin tending to the horses on the farm, and Jeongin and Jisung were laying on a mound above Jeongins place, basking in the sun.

The air felt still here.

I wonder why?

"Can you help me carry it all out?" Rita then asks while I walked down the stairs, and I grab two serving plates full of veggies.

Hoseok walked up the stairs of the basement with Felix and Seokjin behind him. He has a bit of a blank look about him.

That's odd.. I swear I didn't see him return?