Chapter 9 - What a view (Jin)

"And he said he might be a little late, I'm sorry," Miki said as she handed over the keys. One of the things about being the newest in a team; you got the jobs no-one else wanted and tonight, a late night viewing, well that meant everyone else had other things that were much more important.

"It's OK, what do I need to know," Aria answered, putting the keys into her bag and standing up, stretching her back. It had already been a long day and by the time she got to this property, she knew she was already going to want to be heading home. But this was the way you went up the ladder so late nights were part of the role she'd signed on for.

"Well, this is a second viewing so it's promising. I've been looking at properties for a while for this investor, he doesn't come himself, I deal with some kind of secretary or assistant I guess. Anyway, the investor has some questions so we're doing another viewing to clear those up. Not difficult ones," Miki added quickly, noting the wide eyes at the thought of doing a blind viewing with a property Aria hadn't even visited before along with a bunch of questions she likely wouldn't know the answer to. "The investor just has specific things they collect or needs they require in a property and so the assistant is coming back to double check what he thought he saw the first time. Security in the building, space in certain bedrooms, that kind of thing. He'll be able to answer the questions himself once he's seen it a second time, you just have to be there to open and close up the apartment."

"OK, I understand. And I need to be there, when, in 45 minutes?"

"Yes, the car is booked for ten minutes from now to take you there and the company will pay for the car ride back home afterwards since it will be too late for public transport."

Well, that was good at least. She could take a bus and train if she really had to but Aria didn't love doing that by herself when it was pitch black outside. "I'll head downstairs then," she said, making sure she had all her things and Miki nodded.

"If you absolutely need me, you can text but the code is in the information I sent to your phone and as long as you lock up and set the alarm when you leave, there's not much else to it. If they want to make an offer tonight I'll be available. You have a basic contract in your files so if you need to we can action it tonight or I can send a digital one, I know how much the vendor is prepared to accept."

"I'm sure I won't need to disturb your evening, have a nice meal with your fiance and I'll see you at work tomorrow," Aria said, waving goodbye as she gathered her own things and headed to the lifts.

The car was waiting by the time she made it down to the front of the building and once she'd given the address, she sat back and flipped through the paperwork so she'd have at least a little insight into the property. It was in an exclusive complex, with security on the gate and a series of things required to get onto the right floor so the chances of random visitors was reduced. The apartment itself was opulent but simple in its design, well set out to maximize the space in a city that stretched up and out. Whoever the investor was, he'd be renting it to a high end client no doubt.

As Aria neared the address, she received a text, surprised to see it was from the person she was meeting. There had originally been a plan to meet at the front so he could get into the complex but it appeared there was a change of plans.

"I have friends in this building so I'm already past security and spending some time with them. When you have arrived, please text me and I'll come to that apartment. KSJ"

KSJ? The name she'd been given was Choi Jiseok. She sighed, hoping this wasn't going to turn into something that she needed to message Miki about. Even though she was the one working late tonight, Miki worked hard too and deserved her night off when given the chance. Shooting off a text, she filed the paperwork away, looking forward to this being over so she could head home to some episodes of the latest Kdrama she had been sucked into watching.