𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

Annika exhaled slowly, trying to rub away the headache which had started accumulating at the front of her skull. With a sigh, closed her eyes, laying her head on the pillow and trying to regulate her breathing to calm herself down.

Rudra's phone call had left her feeling sorry for the young man but irritated all the same—— his initial wish to talk to Shivaay had spurned from the fact that he had never spent a day without talking to Shivaay at least for a even less than a minute.

Annika understood his frustration very well—— Shivaay had an annoying ability to pretend like everything was fine while trying to fix things—— no matter how hard he had it, he'd always make it seem like it was less.

Her husband was frustratingly the sweetest son and a loyal grandson to the T.

She sighed—— she wished the Oberois had shown him even an ounce of the love and loyalty he'd exhibited towards them his entire life.

"You look like you need a shoulder to lay a head on," her eyes snapped open to see a young woman her age, standing in front of her with a Tupperware. "Or a drink and a stranger to rant to, if you'd prefer."

Annika sat up straight, stiffening at the unfamiliar face. "Pardon," she forced a smile onto her face, "Do I know you?"

"No," the woman shook her head. "But you know my husband, Arjun."

"Oh," Annika stood up, wincing as pain shot up the side of her skull. "You're Mr. Singhal's wife."

"Indeed," the woman nodded. "Aastha Singhal," she forwarded a hand, which Annika shook hesitantly.

"I'm Annika," Annika replied with a smile. "Baithiye na," she gestured to the adjacent sofa. "Could I get you something to eat or drink? Coffee or tea?"

"If you wouldn't mind me having a bit of that," Aastha grinned at the cup of her mocha latte. "I've got some chaat in here, if you'd like." She held the box of Tupperware to Annika's eye level.

"With pleasure," Annika exhaled. "I've been craving something like chaat or pav bhaji for weeks!"

"Shall we?" Aastha grinned.

Annika smiled. "I'll go and grab a cup for you."

"Let me come with," Aastha chuckled. "I can't really go long without talking to someone."

"Oh?" Annika grinned, "I'm the same. I swear my husband is fed up with my incessant blabbering."

"Oh trust me, mine is too," Aastha laughed, as the two women walked inside the house.

꧁꧂

Omkara exhaled slowly, before stepping back and looking at his wife's tear-stricken face. "Why didn't you leave with them, Gauri?" He whispered softly.

He did not care if his question made him sound irrational.

"H-h-hum kaise——" Gauri stammered out.

"Kyun nahi?" Omkara turned around on the heels of his feet, rubbing his eyes. "You could've left with them. You know I wouldn't have faulted you for that."

"Bade Bhaiya and Bhoujai trusted me to look after everyone in their absence," Gauri sniffled. "I can't break my promise to them, Omkaraji."

Omkara swallowed, nodding slowly, "You're right." He enveloped his wife in a hug once more. "How have you been coping with all of it?" He whispered softly, caressing the back of her head.

As Gauri opened her mouth to respond, they both the familiar shrill of Pinky's voice. "Oh My Mata!" The turned around to see Pinky glaring at the two, venom in her eyes as she stared at her spitefully. "What are you two doing here?"