It was only a matter of time

It was only a matter of time before the asteroid hit us. I kissed my child's forehead goodbye and then embraced in my lover's arms. As I closed my eyes I could feel the earth rumble and the ceiling was shaking like crazy.

There was a loud crashing sound that made my daughter whimper in fear. The heat wave came bashing our house and through our skin. I could feel everything happening in a second.

I felt like a turkey in an oven. The anger that I can not escape this fate and the sorrow of seeing my loved one in complete despair. As my consciousness drifted away I saw a navy light beaming from outside the window, the wavey light only surrounded my body and not my family.

I thought I was the first to die and the heaven light had reached me. But my beliefs were destroyed when I woke up in a strange lab.

I woke up in a metal bed with a strong headache. I couldn't move my body at all because there was a blue strap keeping me down. I scanned the entire room and found multiple sets of weird chemistry stuff. It felt like an experiment lab and I was the lab rat.

I noticed that I was still in my old outfit, blue shorts, and a white T-shirt. My throat was sore and extremely dehydrated my lips were parched and could be scratched off. 

I tried to remember what happened but my mind was blank. I only remember the navy light but not much after that. Was I beamed up by the aliens or the gods?

I noticed a loose strap near my hand so I wiggled my finger out of the strap. Next was my hand, my finger was all red and swollen after it came out. I successfully removed one arm from the strap and quickly removed my waist strap until a sound came from the door behind me.

I immediately put back the strap and went back to my old position pretending to be dead. 2 men came into the room while wearing a black mask. 

They were talking about something but I couldn't understand their language. But then one of them decided to come closer to me and touch my pulse.

I noticed a chance to escape rather than be an actual lab rat so I quickly got up and used the strap as my weapon. I punched the closest guy in the throat and then shoved his head down the metal bed but he does not seem to be affected very much.

The second guy was surprised and he rushed in and wrestled me down. I grabbed the nearest thing and hit him in the head so hard that some purple liquid came out of his head.

I realized what I was holding could make them bleed so I used it and knocked the black mask out of the first guy, His face was drop-dead gorgeous if you don't mind the three eyes and fish-like scale. I took the final blow into his nose and broke it immediately. Purple blood came gushing out of his fishy nose.

My hands are stained with their alien blood. I was frightened so much by this but I must choose between fight or flight. My adrenaline kicked in and I just couldn't bear to accept a terrible fate again. I rushed out of the room and looked for somewhere I could ask for help. 

There's still a good chance of having a human somewhere.

Outside the lab was a hall with many rooms like mine. I ran through all of them and found what looked like a giant cafeteria with endless space. There was so many people... creature.. A huge clock tower in the middle and a giant screen under the clock. A few of the creature were looking at me weirdly, some even pointed at me and giggled. I looked around feeling light-headed and confuse.

I felt like I was going to faint but then I saw my face on a giant screen. 

"Theresa Legacy has escaped. She must be captured immediately. All guards go to the 34th cafeteria door." It was an announcement of me. I was like an escaped prisoner. I am wanted in a way I never wanted. Multiple guards came rushing in from different doors they all stood there with heavy armor and weapons. 

I looked at myself and my only weapon.

The report didn't say to kill me instantly, I had to surrender. Even if I run they will capture me eventually. Maybe there will be another way I could escape from this unorthodox place. I threw away the metal pipe and put my arms up high. I sigh to myself and hope that this was a good choice.

The guards quickly gather around me. One of them pushes my body down and the other uses their weapon to knock me unconscious. My eyes began to close and all I could hear was a distant shout "Theresa Legacy is captured! Put her in the cell...." Then my memory began to fade again..

.

.

.

"an.....human...HUMAN" I quickly got up in a panic from the shout. What I saw was a man wearing some kind of white gown. He wore glasses and had an elf ear. "Ah, finally awake. Look here don't panic." 

He flashes a light across my eyes twice then snaps his finger near my ear. "W-where am I? I stuttered while my heart was trembling. "Who are you!?"

 "Calm down, we're not gonna hurt you." He snaps his finger up and down again. I moved around trying to get out of bed. The scientist was annoyed by this. He pulled down his mask and breathed in his scales around his neck puffer up.

"L̸̗̏̒̃̈́̿̚͠Ḁ̵̳̱̙̲̹̉̒̕͝Ỷ̵̷̢̺͖̫̰̼̘͚͎̩̞̃̔̀̇̋D̴̹̹̑͘͝Ọ̶̰̐̊̏̒̄̆W̵̛̥͇͕͚̻̔͛̈̓̒̂͗N̴̢̲̭̠̦̔̀̀̆̀͆͒̿" He commanded. I figure he has to do with some siren mythology, because of how possessed I felt. I lay down like an obedient dog, and I wasn't able to move.

"We're not gonna hurt you. I've told you twice already." He moved to a counter near me. "My name is Norax. You may call me Dr. Norax." 

I didn't understand what was happening. I felt so tired. I'm also confused about why I was brought here. How come I'm not in a cell like what I've heard?

"You must be very confused. said Doctor Norax. Allow me to explain if you promised not to pull a stunt like before." He was right, I was panicking back then.

"...Sure" I grunted, trying to look up using only my head. "Better explain all of this quick."

Doctor Norax moved to the side of my bed, he pressed a button, and then a hologram came out from that same button. The hologram showed how this "Recruiting spaceship" was made. It was a picture of two men with a bald head. They were speaking in a different language at first but then it changed to English.

"Hello, my name is Vrl-1, You may call me Vrone." The bald man in a red suit spoke. "And I am ZRa-9, You may call me Zrain." The other bald man in a black suit added. 

"We've seen so many futures but all of them could be altered, except for one... The extinction of species. Everything begins at one point, and ends at one point. Nothing matters."  Vrone moves to the side and put up his hand. It was a cube that looks like a bunch of stars. "Even though we know there are multiple universes out there, every single different versions of us. We are still here. We exist." 

Zrain take the cubes "We are the first to start this project. We're saving every single species from going extinct in this universe!" 

"We decided to travel this whole universe and gather every single species that was going extinct soon. The reason you're seeing this because you've been chosen to survive, along with a mate. You are now to continue your life in this spaceship. 

You have a choice if you would like to procreate and continue your specie or end it right then and there. Your remain will be put up in the infinite museum." 

Then the hologram showed a video of the first specie that was 'saved'. It was a fish like man and a woman alongside. They were also shocked but eventually accept their fate. The first spaceship looks so tiny and small but later expanded from time to now. Vrone and Zrain showed up again then vanished.

"This space ship is expandable like how this universe always expand." Vrone added before disappearing again.

The hologram ended, and I was left speechless. 

Dr. Norax came by and push the metal bed up, forcing me to sit with my legs straight. "This is a lot to take in. But you've already seen it when you were trying to run away." He released me from the straps. "Once you leave this room there will be guards escorting you to a register office. You will get your new clothes and your information."

I stood up and look at Dr. Norax. "Thanks.."