Chapter 7

Jungkook checked file after file of all the cases that had mentioned the politician and Jung Jaekhyun, every single one was just a false allegation. He was losing his patience.

I think I need to break some rules.

Jungkook left to find Yeonjun. As soon as he saw the younger, he dragged him aside saying he had some work, smiling awkwardly at Yuna who looked at them suspiciously.

"What is it sir?"

"Do you know where are all the records about officers of this unit?"

"Yes."

"You think we can get access without anyone knowing?"

"Sir, is something wrong?"

Jungkook thought for a moment before explaining.

"I have a hunch that one of our officer might be a mole for the criminal."

"I can get you the access, even from your computer." Yeonjun said with a smirk.

"Brilliant! Let's go."

Jungkook and Yeonjun went back to Jungkook's cabin, where the junior immediately got to work. Clicking and typing away on the computer. Within five minutes, there were photos and information about every officer in the SPD. Jungkook ruffled the junior's hair.

"Good Job, kiddo." He said.

"We keep this a secret. If I lose my job, you have to tell your brother to hire me at his place." Yeonjun said.

"Of course. Thank you. Get back to what you were doing." Jungkook said with a chukle. Yeonjun smiled back and left.

Jungkook scrolled through the information, trying to find something useful. He thoroughly checked everyone's profiles, finding nothing suspicious except for Bogum's. He let out a frustrated sigh as he leaned back in his chair, closing his eyes.

They truly had no lead.

And maybe he was wrong about Bogum too.

Maybe V was getting to his head.

Jungkook thought for a moment, everything that has happened until now revolved around one suspect, V. But even for him, there is no lead except past reference and probabilities.

One clue. He just needed one clue so the case would move forward. Just one.

Think. Jungkook, think.

Seoul.
SPD.
Bogum.
Namjoon.
V.
Cha Sangwoo.
Jung Hoseok.
Jaekhyun.

Jungkook opened his eyes and scooted closer to the table, shuffling through the files and picking out Missing idols case file. He turned the pages, going through the names of the victims.

His suspicion was true. He stood up, leaving his cabin and making his way towards Yeonjun's desk.

"Yeonjun, do you know anything about the guy who visits daily to check on the case?"

"Oh- Hobi Hyung?"

"Well.. I know him by the name Jung Hoseok."

"Yup, that's him. He is a dance instructor. And Yoongi hyung is a music producer."

"In short, you know them. Text me their address." Jungkook moved to leave but Yeonjun asked him,

"You got a lead?"

Jungkook turned to him, thinking for a bit before shooting another question.

"Where is your partner?"