CHAPTER ONE

My name is Kiara. I am a girl of 19 years and this is my story of how I fell in love and my story of healing
I am from a family of three ,2 boys and 1girl with me being the only girl. Since I was little I realized that I was treated differently from my brothers.
  They had freedom while I had to stay home and take care of the house because I am a girl and I craved the freedom that they had due to my upbringing and I had few friends. I hated going out and I loved reading novels.
   Reading novels has always been a way for me to escape reality because my reality is filled with grief and anguish.
My first friend was a boy named Kenneth we got along well, he was my neighbor and he lived upstairs. I was a tomboy when I was young so I played a lot of games like riding bicycles, playing football on the field and climbing irons etc,those were the happiest moments of my life because I was treated equally not differently.
   My mom and dad loved us all but they have always been a little overprotective because I was the only girl child they have.Me and my brothers are close, we help each other and they treat me normally too
  Life was going well until I met him. The day I met Dean, I liked him immediately, I fell in love with him but I kept my feelings to myself because he was dating my best friend Sena at that time
   I decided to stay away from him because I knew he was dating my friend and they liked each other. We were friends for a while before I decided to give up on him because I did not want to become a relationship wrecker.
   After I decided to give up on him, he broke up with my  friend,I asked her why and she said she was no longer in love with him again. I felt happy that he was single again but decided to stay away because I did not know if he had feelings for me.
   A month after their breakup, I started to notice that Dean was giving me special attention, he started to talk to me more and would flirt with me subtly at first I thought he was joking because he is a playboy until he asked me out.