𝙴𝙿𝙸𝙻𝙾𝙶𝚄𝙴

A/N

I KNOW I KNOW I SAID THAT THIS ALREADY ENDED BUT... I really wanted to make like a "later in life" chapter for this so here we are lol enjoyy ❤️

-

I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. I guessed Jeno was making breakfast for all of us. I got up, still half-asleep and put on a gray hoodie with shorts. I went downstairs to see the older one in the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Good morning my love." I greeted him, placing a small kiss on his cheek. He pulled me into a hug with his other arm.

"Me too, dad! I also want a hug." The little girl pouted from the couch. I went up to her and picked her up.

"Good morning to you too, Haeun. Did you sleep well?" I asked the small girl while hugging her tightly. She just nodded as an answer. I placed her down and let her continue watching the TV in peace.

"Hey I want that much attention too." Jeno whined while placing a plate full of food in front of me.

"You're 25, you can manage." I laughed and started eating. He just snorted and sat down next to me. I started planning the next week to my planner. Suddenly my phone started ringing. It was an unknown number.

"Hello? Who is this?" I picked the phone up.

"Jaemin. Wow uhm... it's been quite a while." The female voice responded from the other side. I instantly recognised it.

"Mom, why are you calling me?" I was honestly kind of shocked but also disappointed. I haven't heard from both of my parents for seven years. Not after I left.

"We are now in Seoul. Just to see you. Please Jaemin, we want to meet you now. I'll send you the address."

I thought about it for a second. It had been so long since I saw them, but on the other hand, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see them.

"We'll see there at 2." I told them after thinking for a while. I hung up before she could say anything.

"Haeun, we will go see your other grandparents today!" I informed the girl who was very focused on her TV series.

"Are you sure about this?" Jeno asked me with a slightly worried tone. I just smiled and nodded. I actually wasn't that sure but I promised to go. No turning back now.

-

We just pulled up to the cafe where they wanted to meet us. I took a deep breath before getting out of the car. Jeno came up to me before taking Haeun from the car. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and gave me that "are you ready" look. I just smiled lightly.

"Okay then, let's go." He said and let the little kid out of the car. He decided to carry her inside. I opened the door and tried to find my parents with my gaze. I spotted them at the corner table. My heart skipped a beat. I took Jeno's other free hand into mine and started walking towards them.

"Oh my gosh, my baby has grown so much!" My mom exclaimed and even stood up. We sat down on the opposite side of the table, facing my parents.

"You must be Jeno, right? And who's that little one, is she your sister?" My mom asked and stared at Jeno. He let out an awkward laugh.

"That's me, yes, your son's soon to be husband. And no, this isn't my sister, she's our kid." Jeno explained to them and placed Haeun to sit in the middle of us. My dad's eyes widened and my mom was on the verge of crying. Jeno quickly understood to let me and my parents talk alone for a secong and took the kid with him to go watch the small aquarium.

"Wow that's... it's been so long, almost eight years, but you already have a family. How's your life going?" My mom said after getting herself together.

"Well, I got a job as an actor last year and before that, I worked at an office. Jeno is a boss at the bank and we bought a new house two years ago when we adopted Haeun since we needed more space. We have planned our wedding for next winter." I simply told them. My mom couldn't keep herself together but started crying instead.

"Look, Jaemin. We are truly sorry for everything. After you ran away, everything started to clear up to us. We were terrible parents and you deserved a lot better. I'm very happy to see that you are now living a healthy, good life with your loved ones." My dad finally opened his mouth as his gaze went down. He sounded very guilty.

"I know that you're sorry, but I don't think I can forgive you that easily. My life has been very good lately and I don't think I really would need you guys in it. You will anyway leave for America soon. Then you disappear again." I sighed and thought for a moment before continuing:

"If you really care, you would've tried harder to look for me after I ran away that day. I think it's better to keep this distance for now. We'll visit you guys when I have thought everything through, I just need some time."

My mom was still sobbing but she just nodded with a disappointed, small smile. My dad glanced at me one last time before I went to Jeno and Haeun.

"Let's go now. Haeun, I'm sorry you don't have good grandparents." I apologized to my daughter. She hugged me with her small arms and I picked her up, carrying her to the car. Jeno stroked my back with an empathic smile on his face before taking his bag and opening the door for me.

I really meant what I said earlier. Life has been so good recently and I don't think I've ever been happier than now. I don't need my parents in it. I have Jeno and Haeun, but also my longer term friends Renjun, Jisung and Donghyuck. I lived in a nice house with my loved ones and had a good job that I actually enjoyed.

I just wanted to live my life like this till the day I die.

-