1

­­Dichotomy (BNHA)

Chapter 1

   Lynx Fortune wants to live a good life

   Lynx Fortune wants to live a good life. She also wants to be the fastest being in history. The 13-year-old platinum-blonde wants to achieve both goals. Unfortunately—she also suffers from procrastination and anxiety.

   What do you do when what you want can't be achieved with what you are? Lynx doesn't know. Maybe she never will, however, right now she doesn't care. All she knows is she has dreams, dreams that—for now—she will poison herself over and over again in order to accomplish.

   But first—

   "Siri, play Kerosene by Anson Seabra." The blonde girl muttered, pale fingers clutching the edge of the rooftop, lean legs dangling off the edge. Ignoring the smooth bangs blowing wildly in front of her eyes, the girl tilted her head back to gaze almost longingly at the midday sky.

   "Wow... the clouds look so ugly today." She pursed her lips in disappointment.

   Lynx Fortune has dreams. Two of them actually. And she would try anything to achieve them. But was this wise? Smart? The right decision? To climb the building of a popular restaurant chain? Listen, Lynx Fortune has dreams, doesn't mean she has a brain too. That's too much to ask for, give her a break.

   Casting a nervous glance below her she groaned in anxious fear with sweat dripping down her strained forehead, trying to focus on the depressive song lyrics playing in her ears to drown out the screaming crowd down below. All Lynx can seem to focus on is the gruesome image of her body—flattened, dislocated, crushed—on the crusty, dusty, asphalt down below, and she can't say the image of her dead face is particularly attractive when crushed so no, she doesn't want to fall right now. No, she doesn't need to fall to die, the radiation in her body's got that job covered, no need to speed up the process.

   "Someone get a hero!" A shrill cry from below made Lynx cringe in embarrassment as it was quickly followed by "She has her whole life ahead of her!"

   "Goddamn this is so... ugh" Her cheeks flush a furious pink, jaw clenched tight.

   Lynx curses her illogical self and her illogical dreams because if it weren't for her dream she wouldn't have thought climbing the KFC building in the middle of the week to be a good idea. The 13-year-old had an amazing plan; climb the building to build muscle strength, stand on the roof to get that natural glowy vibe from the sun, then stand on the edge and proclaim to all of Musutafu her ambition—to become their Supreme Overlord Commander King.

   Her only weakness was having overestimated the infrastructure of the supposed-to-be multimillion-dollar restaurant chain because apparently, no one has cleaned the roof since the building was first made, so when Lynx's palm pressed down on a suspiciously sticky and dense substance it was no wonder she jerked her hands away—almost launching herself off of the side of the building if it weren't for her hypermobility catching herself on the ledge of the roof at the last moment.