09 - I like someone else.

After which I left. Taylor wasn't home so there was no point in staying longer to meet his breathtaking presence. Arriving at home, I walked in to meet Jim. He was sited in the living area, and smoking crap on the couch.

He had two of his drug addict friends with him and all I could do was inhale sharply. " Where were you Tessa? Fred made breakfast for you." Dad said as I rolled my eyes going upstairs.

I entered my bedroom as I shut the door. That noon. " Tess where were you last night? I tried calling you, but you didn't pick up. Your dad said he didn't see you, are you alright?" Tyler asked over the phone as I smiled.

" Don't worry Tyler, I'm fine." I replied. " So where were you?" He asked as I " Huh?"

" Yes Tess, where were you? You had to be somewhere." He states. " Yes Tyler, I was, I was at Um..I was trapped in the basement, it was today that Jim managed to free me" I gave a white lie.

" Are you sure Tess?" Tyler asked and I could see he wasn't satisfied with my answer. " Are you busy?" I asked. " What's the problem?" He asked as I sat up. " Tyler, can you please escort me to the mall I want to buy some new clothes." I suggest.

" Aren't you busy at work?" He asked as I shook my head. " I was given a day off. So will you follow me?" I asked. " Sure. Are you home?" Tyler asked as I nodded. " Yes I'm home." Was my reply.

Tyler came over as he drove me to the mall. We both alighted the car as we went into an accessories shop. I was planning on spending half of my piggybank on clothes.

I had ran out of clothes because I was so concerned about the debts. I got into the shop with Tyler. I needed clothes because I would be going to Taylor's every Wednesday and Saturday till the month was over so I had to look good.

" Es, let's check out the other shop" Tyler suggested. " No Tyler, that one is really expensive. I can't risk it." I say. " Es, you want beautiful clothes right? Then follow me, I'll pay." Tyler promises.

I smiled. " What kind of outfits do you want? How many?" Tyler asked. After which Tyler and I were done shopping we left. We were currently in his car, when I brought out a box from inside one of the shopping bags.

" What's that?" Tyler asked glancing at my hand before he glanced back ahead. " I got you this while we were shopping, I guessed you'd like it so I did." I said. " You didn't have to Es." Tyler said. " Come on Tyler.. trust me, you'll like it." I say as Tyler smiled.

I kept the box as I watched him pull over at my house. The next day. I was getting dressed to go to Taylor's office when a knock was heard on my door. " Who is it?" I asked trying to zip up my dress.

" Tyler." I heard a familiar voice as my eyes grew wide. What was he doing here? And so early. " Can I come in?" He asked. " S- s- sure." I replied to have the door slowly open as Tyler stepped in.

I watched him approach me as he helped me zip my dress. " Thank you." I mumbled. " What's wrong? Why are you here?" I asked. He looked handsome in his grey suit as I stared at the tie. This was the aubergine tie I bought him yesterday.

I smiled as I looked up at his handsome face. " Can I drop you off at the office today?" He asked. I just stared at him as I slightly nodded. " Sure." I replied as I noticed his face lit up.

" Aight, let's go." He says. " I haven't had breakfast yet." I whined as he smiled. " Carry me?" I suggested as he turned around. I put my hands on his shoulders as I climbed on his back with a smile which he returned.

" Breakfast time!" I yelled as he left my bedroom. During the car ride. " Tess." Tyler started a conversation. " Mmhmm?" I hummed as a response. " About you and your boss, Taylor Dobrev, how is your relationship going with him?" Tyler asked.

" Smoothly." I replied. " No troubles right?" He asked. " No. although he's sarcastic and all, I can still keep up with him." I say. " Is he handsome to you?" Tyler asked as I paused.

Is he handsome? Boy he was freaking hot!

Handsome was an understatement, there wasn't a right word to describe how beautiful he was, what a delicate human being I never thought existed. " Why do you want to know this Tyler?" I asked.

" Well, I don't want you to lose focus on your work just because you find your boss really attractive. I want to make sure you're cool." Tyler whispered as I nodded. " I'm cool Tylie. And I could never lose focus. He's handsome, but it doesn't mean I like him. In fact, I like someone else, Tylie." I say calling Tyler the nickname I gave him, Tylie.

" Who?" Tyler asked as I shut my mouth. " Zip zip. I can't tell ya." I say imitating the sounds of a zipper. " Come on Tessa. Tell me." He requested as I watched him pull over right at my workplace.

" I said it Tyler. Zip zip, I can't tell ya." I say alighting the car. " Alright then. At least an hint." Tyler suggested as I thought. " He's tall. That's all." I said. " Not fair Es, almost all the guys are tall." He said.

" No Tyler, 60% of guys are tall, the remaining 40% are short." I say. " So what will you define my height as?" Tyler asked. " Short." I said as I watched him smile. " Whoa Tessa.. I thought I was the one who noticed that." He says sarcastically as I laughed. " I was just kidding Tyler. You're tall. Anyways, bye, I'm late." I waved as Tyler nodded.

" Bye." Tyler drawled, I watched him drive off as I entered the building.

Heyyyy my dear readers.

I love y'all. I'm so happy about this book and I can tell you all are too.

Please comment because I love reading feedbacks, vote because I love seeing the names of my readers pop up on my screen and also share.

Love y'all!!!

- Hearts.