Intro-trap-tion

"What's your name?"

Suddenly, I was attacked with the question not so long after I just placed my butt down on the chair.

The person standing in front of me was a female senior. She didn't come alone but was tagging along with a male friend who was holding a gigantic camera too. I guess they probably were coming to capture the atmosphere of all the new students.

"Uh... My name is Arm krub."

"Which department are you in?"

"Electricity krub."

"Can I take a photo of you? I was going to post them on Engineer Cute Boy page to rile everyone up a bit." She was talking and smiling at the same time, making me so damn shy I just wanted to do a whole performance of hanging and bouncing off mid-air.

"Would that be ok krub?"

"Why wouldn't it be? Nong Arm is so cute, I guarantee that the number of likes and shares must be skyrocketing for sure!"

Well... I didn't want to be posted that much... But I had already finished straightening my shirt so...

After admiring myself for a short while, I let the seniors freely turn me left and right to take a ton more photos. Before they even got the chance to excuse themselves to go take photos of other students, it was the same time my name got called.

"Next up... Mr. Anon Phuwakomon, you can now enter the interview room."

I stood up from the chair and straightened out my high school uniform which was a bit wrinkled. I tightened the portfolio near my chest, took a deep breath, and walked straight into the room where two teachers were sitting. Both looked quite young, probably students who just graduated from abroad and were burning with flaming energy.

"Why do you want to learn engineering?" The first question attacked without me even being prepared.

"I... want to seek experience for what I'm passionate about krub. I want to accomplish my childhood dream; because that's the whole meaning of my life."

"You recited your script before coming right?"

"Uhh..."

You guys knew my plan too? You b- baccalaureate graduates...

My name was "Arm," my real name was Anon. I was born on midnight Wednesday. I graduated from an all-boy school with an average GPAX of 3.89. I didn't want to learn engineering to seek experience, and this wasn't my childhood dream either. When I was a kid, I wanted to become Ultraman. When I finished my high school senior year, I really wanted to learn Communication Arts, but my dad didn't let me.

He said I had completely zero talent in this field, regardless of if it being social media, films, or even television. I admit I didn't have the skills, but still, I wanted to put in effort! This was my dream we were talking about!

Dad really had zero understanding for teenagers.

But because I was a good kid; that was why I chose to study engineering so that he could be a little happier.

My dad was an engineer krub, and my mom was a nurse. When I was in grade 10, I was greatly expected by my family to follow either my dad's or mom's path. Uhh... You understand right? I probably wouldn't choose to learn nursing just because my mom was my idol. It wasn't that nursing was bad, but I just couldn't take care of others. I could even barely take care of myself.

Getting all the way here already, I must ignore everything. Forget the pain! Four years would end in a blink of an eye. I'd just figure out what to do with my life by then.