Chapter VI

Seojun watched as Aera opened the door to her house, still with her hands trembling, the boy passed behind her, she had not invited him in, but the way she left the door open just made him think that maybe she doesn't wanted him to leave. Suddenly, the girl stopped, looking down, he could see her back move disorderly, and how her hands were made into fists at her sides, her body was beginning to tremble.

Aera was crying.

When the first sob left her throat, Seojun didn't know what to do, he had never really been in a situation so similar to this, of course, he had been raised by women his entire life, but this was a different situation, he had never been there to comfort Aera like that, it had always been the other way around, and although Seojun took a lot of liberties with her, like the teasing way he treated her and the sudden flirt, he really didn't know if hugging her would be a good move of his part.

Not after everything that happened between them.

He didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable, although he wouldn't really mind being able to wrap his arms around her small body like he had done that time, nor would he mind if she hugged him back, but, he didn't want to leave her alone in a situation like that, because she didn't leave him either when Seyeon happened. Even though the atmosphere was very tense between the duo of friends, she always tried to be there for both of them, respecting the fact that neither of the them wanted to be close to the other.

Approaching the older girl, Seojun put a hand on Aera's back, rubbing it gently, maybe he couldn't hug her, but he wanted to let her know that he was there with her, when the girl's hands went to her own eyes, hiding them, As if that were going to make her thick tears stop falling, Seojun's heart beat hard, she looked like a little baby who had a very big feeling of sadness inside.

Even her almost hyphenated crying made him see that she was really suffering.

Aera's heart was beating hard too, but it felt heavy, as if a heavy, hot metal had been placed on it, it hurt when she breathed and she felt like she couldn't inhale again after releasing all the air, Aera felt so confused.

She had never felt like that.

She didn't know what she was feeling, betrayal, sadness, confusion, despair, she didn't know exactly, but what she did know was that it hurt, it hurt to have seen that the boy, who had told her that loved her a few hours ago, who was now, perhaps, caressing another girl's hair so lovingly, that perhaps he was now just a few centimeters away from her as if were nothing. The brunette couldn't help but remember the shine in the girl's eyes when Suho stared at her the day that girl almost fell off that small bench.

Now, knowing that this girl had gone out with her boyfriend and that he had decided to chat with her rather than talk to his own girlfriend, that was now, possibly, sitting next to that girl reading some stupid comic about some useless demon while they both sat there, laughed and spent time together in a way that was fun for them, which Suho rarely did with her, it was making her feel small, like she didn't deserve the boy's time.

Is it because I don't like reading the same comics as him?

Aera didn't want to jump to conclusions, she didn't want to be that type of girl who just left everything she wanted because she thought about things that, perhaps, were not true, but the pain she was feeling and all those thoughts she was having at that moment, a pain that she knew would not leave her alone that night, gave her a reason for her mind to create scenarios that only hurt her even more.

Seojun behind her, could see how the girl's body trembled for a second and his arms reacted quickly, catching her before she fell to the ground, surrounding her waist to prevent her from getting hurt, her eyes widened as he felt how Aera turned around, hugging his abdomen while hiding her face in his chest.